With $0 loan fees and 0% APR.
Available after the IRS accepts your return
Get $250 – $2,000†
of IRS acceptance
Without Refund Advance it can take up to 21 days to get
Three easy steps to
Right before you file, choose Refund Advance† for your refund option.
Then, once the IRS processes your return, the remainder of your refund will be loaded onto your Turbo Card
(usually within 21 days).
How much can I get?
This amount is based on your federal refund amount,
personal info, tax info, and any third-party data we may
consider. Refund Advance is available in amounts of $250,
$500, $750, $1,000,
This table shows the maximum Refund Advance for each expected refund range. Keep in mind this is only one of the factors that determine your Refund
Access funds typically
within 1 hour
Here are the estimated times funds
be available to use once the
Frequently Asked Questions
How do I know if I’m eligibile for the Refund Advance?
To see our eligibility requirements,
How do I apply?
If you’re expecting a federal refund while filing your taxes with TurboTax, you will have the opportunity to apply for Refund Advance at the time you choose your
How do I access my Refund Advance on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?
If you are approved for the Refund Advance, you’ll receive an email within 1 hour that explains how to set up your Turbo Card account and start
What happens with the rest of my refund after I get my Refund Advance?
When the IRS or state tax authorities distributes your refund, your remaining refund amount (minus your Refund Advance amount from your federal refund and any other agreed upon fees) will be loaded onto your physical Turbo® card.
How is the loan paid back?
When the IRS processes your federal refund, your Refund Advance loan is automatically paid back. You won’t have to do anything!
How is my Refund Advance amount determined?
Your approved amount is based on the size of your federal refund and your tax information, along with other factors. You may not receive the maximum Refund Advance amount if one of these factors doesn’t meet the qualifying standards of the lender.
Where can I spend my Refund Advance?
If approved, and once your account is set up, you can start spending online using your Turbo Card information anywhere Visa® is accepted.
When your physical Turbo Card arrives in the mail within 5-10 business days, you’ll be able to spend the money at any store Visa® is accepted in the U.S.
How can you offer this at no cost?
We’ve worked closely with Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC and First Century Bank, N.A., Member FDIC to provide the Refund Advance to you at no extra cost. This is just another benefit of filing
How can I get cash with the Turbo Card?
Withdraw cash at more than 19,000 surcharge-free ATMs across all 50 states. However, there are fees for using your Turbo Card at out-of-network ATMs.
What are the benefits of a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card?
The Turbo Card is one of the easiest ways to get your tax refund after filing with TurboTax Online. It’s a reloadable debit card that can be used everywhere Visa® is accepted in the U.S.—including online, by phone, and in stores.
Plus, when you use your Turbo Card account, you’ll have:
- No monthly fees
- No overdraft fees
- No inactivity fees
- No minimum balance
- Use the free ATM network
- Enroll in direct deposit
- Deposit checks
- Use online bill pay
- Download the app
Who’s the third party lender?
The third-party lender is First Century Bank, N.A., Member FDIC. With your consent, we will share your info with First Century Bank, N.A., and Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC and its subsidiaries via SSL-encrypted transmission. They'll review your info to see if you qualify for the
What happens after I qualify for the Refund Advance?
If you qualify, you will be notified by email of your approved amount. You’ll be able to start spending online with your card information after setting up your Turbo Card account. Also, a physical Turbo Card will be mailed to you within 5 to 10 business days. The remainder of your refund (minus the Refund Advance amount and any TurboTax fees) will be loaded onto the card when the IRS or state tax authorities distributes your refund (typically within 21 days from
What if I don’t qualify for the Refund Advance?
If you don’t qualify after filing your return, you'll still receive your refund on a Turbo Card. Your entire federal and state refunds (minus any associated fees) will be loaded onto the card as soon as the IRS or state tax authorities distributes your refund (typically within 21 days from IRS acceptance). Once distributed, you can use your card however you want.
Can I continue using my card after it runs out of funds?
Yes, you can deposit money on your card at 90,000 Reload @ the Register locations nationwide, use fee-free ATMs, get ASAP Direct Deposit™ of your payroll and government benefits, download the Turbo Card mobile app to control your money 24/7,deposit checks, use online bill pay and more. Cash deposit & out-of-network ATM fees may apply.
Will the Refund Advance affect my credit?
No. Applying for the Refund Advance will not affect your credit score.
- If you’re receiving a federal refund, you could be eligible for a Refund Advance on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC. If approved, you will receive a virtual card for online use, which will arrive within a day of the IRS accepting your e-filed federal return. Use your virtual card until you activate your physical Turbo® Visa® Debit Card, which will arrive in 5 to 10 business days of IRS acceptance and loan approval. Your virtual card expires in four years or upon activating your physical Turbo® Visa® Debit Card. 0% APR & $0 loan fees. This offer is available until February 8, 2021, or until available funds have been exhausted, whichever comes first. Availability subject to change without further notice.
- Refund Advance is a loan based upon your anticipated refund and is not the refund itself. To apply for the Refund Advance, you must file your taxes with TurboTax. Availability of the Refund Advance is subject to satisfaction of identity verification, certain security requirements, eligibility criteria, and underwriting standards. Refund Advance is provided by First Century Bank, N.A., Member FDIC, not affiliated with Intuit or Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC.
- Separate fees apply if you choose to pay with your federal refund. Paying with your federal refund is not required for the Refund Advance loan.
- Not all consumers will qualify for a loan or for the maximum loan amount. If approved, your loan will be for one of eight amounts: $250, $500, $750, $1,000, $1,500, $2,000, $2,500, or $3,000. Your loan amount will be based on a portion of your anticipated federal refund. You will not receive a final decision of whether you are approved for the loan until after you file your taxes. Loan repayment is deducted from your federal tax refund and reduces the subsequent refund amount paid directly
- Fees may apply for other products
- Your loan proceeds will be available on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card issued by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC, pursuant to a license from Visa U.S.A. Inc. The Turbo Visa Debit Card opening is subject to identity verification. Visa is a registered trademark of Visa International Service Association. Green Dot Bank operates under the following registered trade names: GoBank, Green Dot Bank and Bonneville Bank. All of these registered trade names are used by, and refer to, a single FDIC-insured bank, Green Dot Bank. Deposits under any of these trade names are deposits with Green Dot Bank and are aggregated for deposit insurance coverage. Green Dot is a registered trademark of Green Dot Corporation. You may access your loan proceeds by multiple methods without paying additional fees. Other fees apply to the card, which are viewable prior to applying. Please see Deposit Account Agreement for details.
- You will not be eligible for the offer if: (1) your physical residence is located outside of the United States, a US territory, a PO box or a prison address, (2) your physical residence is in one of the following states: IL, or NC (3) you are less than 18 years old, (4) the tax return filed is on behalf of a deceased person, (5) you are filing certain IRS Forms, (6) your expected refund amount is less than $500, or (7) you are using any of our tax products where a professional is completing your taxes. You also must be approved by Green Dot Bank, Member FDIC to receive a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card.
- If you are approved for a loan, your tax refund after deducting the amount of your loan and minus any agreed-upon fees will be placed on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card. If you apply for a loan and are not approved your tax refund will be placed on a Turbo® Visa® Debit Card minus any agreed-upon fees. Approved pending confirmation of loan tier amounts in contract and state
- Refund Advance is a service offered by Intuit TT Offerings Inc. (NMLS # 1889291), a subsidiary of