By participating in the TurboTax Invite a Friend Program (“Program”) as an Advocate or as a Friend, you agree to the following terms and conditions. You understand that this is a binding agreement between you (“You”) and Intuit Inc., publisher of TurboTax (“Intuit”). Program only available in the United States. Employees of Intuit, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees (collectively referred as “Employees”) are not eligible to participate as an advocate.
Advocates are participants in the Program who submit their Friend’s email (via Intuit) to send their Friend an invitation to receive a discount offer to purchase TurboTax Online or TurboTax Live (Offer) using the unique link (Link). For each qualified purchase by Advocate’s Friend from the Link, Advocates will be eligible to receive an electronic gift card as reward (Reward) or may choose to donate their reward amount to a charity, if available in the rewards center. A qualified purchase is a purchase initiated and completed using Link from the invitation. Purchase completion is determined by Intuit in its sole discretion, but may include completion of the use of the Product to submit a tax return that is accepted by the relevant tax authority. Product purchases completed not using the Link do not qualify. The reward amount per qualified purchase by Advocate's Friends may vary, but in all cases the maximum gift card value, donation amount or combination of the two which an Advocate can receive under this Program is capped at $500. Employees of Intuit, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees (collectively referred as “Employees”) are not eligible to participate as an advocate.
Friends are those participants of the Program who receive an invitation from the respective Advocate (via Intuit) for an Offer and Link. When you use the Link, you will be eligible to receive the discount on select TurboTax offerings. As a Friend, you acknowledge and understand that your information and your product purchase via the Link will be used to help qualify your Advocate’s eligibility for a Reward in accordance with Intuit's Global Privacy Statement. Employees of Intuit, and the immediate families (spouse, parents, children, siblings and their respective spouses) and individuals living in the same household as such employees (collectively referred as “Employees”) are not eligible to participate as an advocate.
Reward terms and conditions
Advocates can send their Friends an invitation with instructions and a Link via text message (including SMS), email, or other available social messaging platform on how to redeem the Offer. In order for an Advocate to qualify for a Reward, each Friend must: (1) be a new TurboTax customer; and (2) access and file with TurboTax Online or TurboTax Live (depending on specific promotion) only using the unique Link provided in the invitation received between November 1, 2022 and October 15, 2023. Purchases of TurboTax desktop products do not qualify towards a Reward.
Up to 45 days after your Friend redeems the Offer using the Link from the invitation and files their federal return, Advocate will be sent an email with Reward information to electronic gift card and charity donation options (if made available). After Reward selection, another email will be sent with gift card e-certificate information or information regarding your selected charitable donation (if made available to you). The reward amount per qualified purchase by Advocate's Friends may vary, but in all cases the maximum gift card value, charitable donation value (if available), or combination of the two that an Advocate can receive under this Program is capped at $500. Rewards may be redeemed between January 7, 2023 – October 15, 2023.
Discount Offer terms and conditions
Friends can choose either 20% off TurboTax Online or 10% off TurboTax Live, good through October 15, 2023. Offer is valid only for the intended recipient or Friend, and cannot be combined with any other offer. Discount is only valid through the Program invitation/unique referral link, during the Intuit-specified promotion period. TurboTax State returns or other products or services and TurboTax CD/Download products are not eligible for the Offer. Intuit reserves the right to discontinue all offers and promotions without notice.
ADVOCATE MUST INFORM YOUR FRIEND(S) THAT YOU ARE ELIGIBLE TO RECEIVE A REWARD IF THEY MAKE A QUALIFYING PURCHASE AND YOU, AS ADVOCATE, AGREE TO DO SO. Failure to do so is a violation of these Program terms and may result in your immediate termination from the Program, disqualification from future participation, and forfeiture of any Reward owed to you as a result of your participation in this Program.
Advocate understands and agrees:
- Not to engage in any form of paid advertising of or for the Program
- Not to open or attempt to open new TurboTax accounts for or on behalf of others in order to enable their participation in the Program and/or use of the Offer discount.
- Friend must either self-prepare their own tax return using TurboTax Online, or have their return prepared with a TurboTax expert’s assistance through TurboTax Live, through the Program invitation/referral link and you cannot prepare your Friend’s return for them.
- Not hold yourself out as a representative of Intuit or TurboTax, or falsely state or imply any affiliation with Intuit or TurboTax.
- Use only one email address and one identity to participate in the Program, and you will not create or use multiple identities, entities or email addresses to participate in the Program.
- Not to share the invitation/referral link with any third party discount, coupon or affiliate program site as part of any third party program or in the form of any advertising or promotional placement, whether paid or unpaid.
Program terms and conditions applicable for both Advocates and Friends
Intuit and/or its Program service providers reserve the right at any time and for any reason to modify these terms and to change, interrupt or stop the Program either for a period of time or permanently with or without notice. Intuit and/or its Program service providers, agents and partners reserve the right to delay, cancel, revoke, or prevent payment of gift card funds, charitable donations or other rewards in any suspected case of fraudulent use of the Program, violation of the Program terms, use of false identities or misuse of TurboTax products and services. Referrals and rewards are subject to verification at Intuit’s sole discretion.
You may participate in the Program and submit personal contact information about yourself and your referred Friend(s), such as name and e-mail address information, only with the Friend’s permission, so that Intuit can send these invitations to your Friend. The personal information submitted will be collected, processed and used in accordance with Intuit's Global Privacy Statement. The personal contact information may be used by Intuit to contact you and/or the referred Friend(s) regarding participation in the Program, redemption of rewards and/or product discounts, and to receive product-related and other communications from Intuit. Where you provide personal information about the referred Friend(s) to receive communications via the Program, the Friend's personal information will be used by Intuit for sending these communications and to encourage or remind the Friend to complete the account-creation, purchase, registration and tax preparation and e-filing process.
You agree that Intuit may use and maintain your personal information according to Intuit’s Global Privacy Statement and any changes published by Intuit.
To the extent we allow you to input personal information (as the term is defined under applicable law) about other individuals other than yourself, you represent and warrant that you have complied with all applicable laws and received the proper authority or consent to allow us to collect and process such information to operate our business, in accordance with our Global Privacy Statement. You further agree that, other than with respect to information furnished to TurboTax in connection with the preparation of an individual tax return, any sharing of personal information among companies owned or controlled by Intuit, including as shown at https://www.intuit.com/legal/intuit-group-companies (Intuit Group Companies) is contemplated as part of the Platform. You agree such sharing does not constitute a “sale” of information as defined under the California Consumer Privacy Act.
In the event you or your Friend submits a request to delete Personal Information to Intuit, such deletion may result in the loss of referral tracking and/or cancellation of any subsequent reward and/or discount in connection with this Program.
Disclaimer of Warranties
YOU AND ALL PARTICIPANTS EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT: (A) YOUR USE OF THE PROGRAM IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK, THE PROGRAM IS PROVIDED ON AN “AS IS” AND “AS AVAILABLE” BASIS AND WE EXPRESSLY DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, CONDITIONS AND TERMS (COLLECTIVELY, "PROMISES") OF ANY KIND, WHETHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED BY STATUTE, COMMON LAW OR CUSTOM; (B) WE MAKE AND GIVE NO WARRANTY THAT (i) THE PROGRAM WILL BE UNINTERRUPTED, TIMELY, SECURE, OR ERROR-FREE, AND (ii) THE RESULTS OBTAINED FROM THE USE OF THE PROGRAM WILL BE ACCURATE OR RELIABLE; AND (C) INTUIT DOES NOT GUARANTEE THAT ANY REFERRAL REWARD, ELECTRONIC GIFT CARD, CHARITABLE DONATION OR OTHER ITEM OR STORE OF VALUE WILL ARRIVE ON TIME OR BY ANY SPECIFIC DATE.
Limitation of Liability and Indemnification
YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT INTUIT INC., INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS ASSOCIATED WITH OR ASSISTING IN PROVIDING THE PROGRAM, SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL, CONSEQUENTIAL, OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, DAMAGES FOR LOSS OF PROFITS, GOODWILL, USE, DATA OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSSES (EVEN IF INTUIT INC. WAS ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), RESULTING FROM: YOUR OR YOUR FRIEND(S)’ USE OF, OR THE INABILITY TO USE, THE PROGRAM; OR (ii) UNAUTHORIZED ACCESS TO OR ALTERATION OF YOUR TRANSMISSIONS OR DATA.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY AND HOLD INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HARMLESS FROM ANY AND ALL CLAIMS, LIABILITY AND EXPENSES, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS' FEES AND COSTS, ARISING OUT OF YOUR USE OF THE SOFTWARE OR BREACH OF THIS AGREEMENT (COLLECTIVELY REFERRED TO AS "CLAIMS"). INTUIT RESERVES THE RIGHT, IN ITS SOLE DISCRETION AND AT ITS OWN EXPENSE, TO ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY CLAIMS. YOU AGREE TO REASONABLY COOPERATE AS REQUESTED BY INTUIT IN THE DEFENSE OF ANY CLAIMS.
TO THE FULLEST EXTENT POSSIBLE BY LAW, INTUIT INC’S, INCLUDING ANY VENDORS AND SERVICE PROVIDERS, MAXIMUM LIABILITY ARISING OUT OF OR IN CONNECTION WITH THE PROGRAM, REGARDLESS OF THE CAUSE OF ACTION (WHETHER IN CONTRACT, TORT, BREACH OF WARRANTY, OR OTHERWISE), WILL NOT EXCEED $100.
Most disagreements can be resolved informally and efficiently by contacting our customer support team. If you are a U.S. customer:
- YOU AND INTUIT AGREE THAT, EXCEPT AS PROVIDED BELOW, ANY DISPUTE, CLAIM OR CONTROVERSY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT (A "CLAIM") WILL BE DETERMINED BY BINDING ARBITRATION OR SMALL CLAIMS COURT, INSTEAD OF IN COURTS OF GENERAL JURISDICTION.
- Small Claims Court. Either you or Intuit can seek to have a Claim resolved in small claims court if all the requirements of the small claims court are satisfied. Either you or Intuit may seek to have a Claim resolved in small claims court in your county of residence or the small claims court in closest proximity to your residence, and you may also bring a claim in small claims court in the Superior Court of California, County of Santa Clara.
- Arbitration. Arbitration is more informal than a lawsuit in court. Arbitration uses a neutral arbitrator instead of a judge or jury, may allow for more limited discovery than in court, and is subject to very limited review by courts. Arbitrators can award the same damages and relief that a court can award. You agree that the U.S. Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this arbitration provision, and that you and Intuit are each waiving the right to a trial by jury or to participate in a class action. This arbitration provision shall survive termination of this Agreement and/or the termination of your Services.
- Notice of Claim. If you elect to seek arbitration, you must first send to Intuit a written Notice of your Claim ("Notice of Claim"). The Notice of Claim to Intuit should be sent in care of our registered agent Corporation Service Company, 251 Little Falls Drive, Wilmington, DE 19808. The Notice of Claim should include both the mailing address and email address you would like Intuit to use to contact you. If Intuit elects to seek arbitration, it will send, by certified mail, a written Notice of Claim to your address on file. A Notice of Claim, whether sent by you or by Intuit, must (a) describe the nature and basis of the claim or dispute; and (b) set forth the specific amount of damages or other relief sought.
- Informal Resolution. You and Intuit agree that good-faith informal efforts to resolve disputes often can result in a prompt, low-cost and mutually beneficial outcome. You and Intuit therefore agree that, after a Notice of Claim is sent but before either you or Intuit commence arbitration or file a claim in small claims court against the other, we will personally meet, via telephone or videoconference, in a good-faith effort to confer with each other and try to resolve informally any Claim covered by this Agreement. If you are represented by counsel, your counsel may participate in the conference as well, but you agree to fully participate in the conference. Likewise, if Intuit is represented by counsel, its counsel may participate in the conference as well, but Intuit agrees to have a company representative fully participate in the conference. The statute of limitations and any filing fee deadlines shall be tolled while the parties engage in the informal dispute resolution process required by this paragraph.
- Commencing Arbitration or Small Claims Proceedings. If we do not reach an agreement to resolve the Claim within sixty (60) days after the Notice of Claim is received, you or Intuit may commence an arbitration proceeding by filing a Demand for Arbitration or, alternatively, by filing a Claim in small claims court. You agree that you may not commence any arbitration or file a claim in small claims court unless you and Intuit are unable to resolve the claim within 60 days after we receive your completed Notice of Claim and you have made a good faith effort to resolve your claim directly with Intuit during that time. If a Claim qualifies for small claims court, but a party commences an arbitration proceeding, you and Intuit agree that either party may elect instead to have the Claim resolved in small claims court, and upon written notice of a party’s election, the American Arbitration Association ("AAA") will administratively close the arbitration proceeding. Any dispute about whether a Claim qualifies for small claims court shall be resolved by that court, not by an arbitrator. In the event of any such dispute, the arbitration proceeding shall remain closed unless and until a decision by the small claims court that the Claim should proceed in arbitration. You may download or copy a form of notice and a form to initiate arbitration at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879. The arbitration will be conducted by the AAA before a single AAA arbitrator under the AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling 1-800-778-7879, except as modified by this Agreement. Unless Intuit and you agree otherwise, any arbitration hearings will take place in the county (or parish) of either your residence or of the mailing address you provided in your Notice of Claim.
- Arbitration Proceedings: Arbitrators. The arbitrator will be either (1) a retired judge or (2) an attorney specifically licensed to practice law in the state of California or the state of your residence and will be selected by the parties from the AAA’s National Roster of arbitrators. The arbitrator will be selected using the following procedure: (a) the AAA will send the parties a list of five candidates meeting this criteria; (b) if the parties cannot agree on an arbitrator from the list, each party shall return its list to the AAA within 10 days, striking up to two candidates, and ranking the remaining candidates in order of preference; (c) the AAA shall appoint as arbitrator the candidate with the highest aggregate ranking; and (d) if for any reason the appointment cannot be made according to this procedure, the AAA may exercise its discretion in appointing the arbitrator. The arbitrator is bound by this Agreement. Except as otherwise provided in Section (i) below, all issues are for the arbitrator to decide, including issues relating to the scope and enforceability of this arbitration provision.
- Arbitration Proceedings: Administrative Conference. The parties agree that an administrative conference with the AAA shall be conducted in each arbitration proceeding, and you and an Intuit company representative shall appear at the administrative conference via telephone. If you fail to appear at the administrative conference, regardless of whether your counsel attends, the AAA will administratively close the arbitration proceeding without prejudice, unless you show good cause as to why you were not able to attend the conference.
- Arbitration Proceedings: Decisions. The arbitrator shall issue a reasoned written decision sufficient to explain the essential findings and conclusions on which the award is based. The award shall be binding only among the parties and shall have no preclusive effect in any other arbitration or other proceeding involving a different party. Intuit will not seek to recover its attorneys’ fees and costs in arbitration from you unless the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)). Judgment on any award may be entered in any court having jurisdiction. This agreement to arbitrate shall not preclude any party to the arbitration from at any time seeking injunctions or other forms of equitable relief in aid of arbitration from a court of appropriate jurisdiction including whether a Demand for Arbitration is filed in violation of this Agreement.
- Injunctive and Declaratory Relief. Except as provided in Section(b) above, the arbitrator shall determine all issues of liability on the merits of any Claim asserted by you or Intuit and may award declaratory or injunctive relief only in favor of the individual party seeking relief and only to the extent necessary to provide relief warranted by that party's individual claim. To the extent that you or Intuit prevail on a Claim and seek public injunctive relief (that is, injunctive relief that has the primary purpose and effect of prohibiting unlawful acts that threaten future injury to the public), the entitlement to and extent of such relief must be litigated in a civil court of competent jurisdiction and not in arbitration. The parties agree that litigation of any issues of public injunctive relief shall be stayed pending the outcome of the merits of any individual Claims in arbitration. Before a court of competent jurisdiction issues any public injunctive relief, it shall review the factual findings of the arbitration award on which any injunction would issue with no deference to the arbitrator.
- Arbitration Fees and Costs. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator fees will be governed by the AAA Rules. You are required to pay AAA’s initial filing fee, but Intuit will reimburse you for this filing fee at the conclusion of the arbitration to the extent it exceeds the fee for filing a complaint in a federal or state court in your county of residence or in Santa Clara County, California. If the arbitrator finds that either the substance of your Claim or the relief sought in your Demand for Arbitration was frivolous or was brought for an improper purpose (as measured by the standards set forth in Federal Rule of Civil Procedure 11(b)), then the payment of all fees will be governed by the AAA Rules and Intuit will not reimburse your initial filing fee. The parties agree that the AAA has discretion to modify the amount or timing of any administrative or arbitration fees due under the AAA Rules where it deems appropriate, provided that such modification does not increase the AAA fees to you or Intuit, and you and Intuit waive any objection to such fee modification.
- Class Action Waiver. YOU AND INTUIT AGREE THAT EACH MAY BRING CLAIMS AGAINST THE OTHER ONLY IN YOUR OR ITS INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY, AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. Further, if you have elected arbitration, unless both you and Intuit agree otherwise, the arbitrator may not consolidate any other person's Claims with your Claims and may not otherwise preside over any form of a representative or class proceeding. If Intuit believes that any Claim you have filed in arbitration or in court is inconsistent with the limitations in this Section, then you agree that Intuit may seek an order from a court determining whether your Claim is within the scope of the Class Action Waiver. If this Class Action Waiver is found to be unenforceable, then the entirety of this Disputes Section shall be null and void.
Any and all disputes, claims and causes of action arising out of or related to the Program or any prize awarded shall be resolved under California law (without reference to its conflicts of laws principles), and participants in the Program agree to submit any dispute to the exclusive jurisdiction of the state and federal courts located in Santa Clara County, California.
By redeeming or directing any electronic gift card, charitable donation and/or related funds, you agree to the Sunrise Banks Terms and Conditions and E-Sign Disclosure. Sunrise Banks is not a sponsor of the selected reward.Gift cards are provided by GiftRocket and are subject to their terms.
Your security.Here's how
Built into everything we do.