Your trusted resource
We’ve got your back with accurate,
up-to-date news about stimulus check
payment updates, tax filing changes,
and tax breaks related to COVID-19.
LATEST NEWS (updated 3/25):
- The first $10,200 of your unemployment income may now be tax-free based on the recently passed American Rescue Plan. If you’ve already filed, you don’t need to do anything right now to get your extra benefits. Learn more
- The IRS has extended the individual federal tax deadline to May 17. Many states have also extended deadlines.
- The IRS encourages taxpayers who are getting a refund to file as soon as possible to get their money.
We’ve got everything you need to feel confident about your taxes,
no matter your situation
- The American Rescue Plan includes payments of up to $1,400 for qualifying individuals. Use our third stimulus check calculator calculator to check if you’re eligible.
- You don’t need to do anything to get your stimulus check.
- California and Maryland have also issued their own stimulus payments. Learn more
- The new legislation includes a $300 federal boost to weekly unemployment payments.
- The bill also makes the first $10,200 of unemployment income tax-free for households with income less than $150,000. If you’ve already filed a return, you don’t need to do anything right now. Learn more
- We’re ready to help you understand your unemployment benefits and any tax implications at our Unemployment Center.
Working from home
- COVID-19 meant millions suddenly had to work from home. Visit our Work From Home FAQ to get the latest on what home office expenses are deductible and how this could affect your tax return.
- In TurboTax, we’ll check for every possible deduction, including state-specific tax breaks to guarantee your best possible tax outcome.
American Rescue Plan
- The Earned Income Tax Credit (EIC) will be expanded next year for workers without kids, and the maximum credit will nearly triple.
- The bill increases the amount that families claiming the Child Tax Credit receive. Although this credit is for next year’s tax filings, payments will be sent in advance, beginning no earlier than July 2021.
- See more tax relief included in the American Rescue Plan here.
WE’VE GOT YOU COVERED
Key resources for your
Ways to file
Do it for me
NEW! Your own tax expert or CPA to do your taxes for you—start to finish.
Expert help as you go
Get unlimited tax advice as you go and a final expert review before you file.
You can do it
Easily and accurately file your taxes with America’s #1 online tax software.
Free tax calculators
- TaxCaster - estimate your tax refund to see how much you’ll get back this year
- W-4 Withholding Calculator - estimate your withholding to boost your take-home pay
- Tax Bracket Calculator - determine what tax bracket you fall in