Minimum essential coverage
The Affordable Care Act mandates that everyone must share in the responsibility for health insurance. Your income tax return helps the government monitor your coverage. Minimal essential healthcare coverage can be acquired through one of the following venues:
- Health insurance through the healthcare Marketplace
- Health insurance coverage through your employer
- A government-sponsored program such as Medicare or Medicaid
- A health insurance policy directly from an insurance company
- Coverage under a plan that is approved by the Department of Health and Human Services
Remember, for healthcare options and eligibility information, visit TurboTax.com/health-care.