TURBOTAX CUSTOMER REVIEWS

TurboTax Product Reviews

Browse thousands of real customer reviews to learn why TurboTax is the
#1 best-selling tax software.

Narrow your results
Select all that apply to find reviewers similar to you.
Own a business
Student
Select a row below to filter reviews:
Rated 1 out of 5 by from taking advantage smh turbo tax used to be great. now they won't let you file without paying fees for services you don't even need or want. took more than necessary from my return and i'm mad as heck. this is my last year, i'm looking to file a different way now.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from TurboTax is my go to Overall I really enjoy TurboTax. One problem is opening previous years versions to review past year data.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Fees at every click! Payed for TurboTax deluxe. Had to pay an extra $40 for a state. Had to pay extra $50 to E file states. I though I was done getting scammed with absurd fees then i'm hit with a page saying that even though I E-Filed and payed $50 for it, I'm still required to mail in my returns and I will still be required to pay the $50. Thanks TurboTax for hiding that until after I pay. Taking advantage of customers that already paid for their premium product. Will not be returning next year.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good stuff Easy, accurate, responsive. Give it a go and use it every tax filing season
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Excellent Filing Tool I like the step through process with TurboTax. My circumstances have changed over the years and I like the thorough review process. One thing to add is a clear option to select, federal filing only (no state filing).
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Reasonable experience, misleading charges 90% of the tax return process was easy. The other 10% was exhausting. For example: I sold shares from an ESPP and needed extra information, which I was able to hunt down. When entering information, it specifically said not to worry about dividends. During the check, it wouldn't let me continue until I entered details about the dividends, so I had to hunt the paperwork down again. Then when I went to file, I was fine to pay the $20 for my state return. Except after I enter in the credit card information it's suddenly $25. What? Why? Called customer service to be told that price increased at some point and if I didn't want to pay the $25, I could always print and mail the return. A very disappointing end to a mildly exhausting experience.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Always fast and easy! Use Turbo Tax for 7 years now!! Turbo tax is the easiest way to file!
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love Turbo Tax I am a MAC user, easy to use and answers to the questions are editable. Peace of mind with Audit Protection. I have a rental and it makes it easy.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great program I have been using turbo tax for thirty years with no problems. I will continue to use them forever
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Easy and efficient I love it Took of bitnof searching but turbo tax was there every step of the way
Date published: 2022-04-12
All TurboTax® Offerings Reviews - Page 2134
Narrow your results
Select all that apply to find reviewers similar to you.
Own a business
Student
Select a row below to filter reviews:
Rated 1 out of 5 by from taking advantage smh turbo tax used to be great. now they won't let you file without paying fees for services you don't even need or want. took more than necessary from my return and i'm mad as heck. this is my last year, i'm looking to file a different way now.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from TurboTax is my go to Overall I really enjoy TurboTax. One problem is opening previous years versions to review past year data.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 1 out of 5 by from Fees at every click! Payed for TurboTax deluxe. Had to pay an extra $40 for a state. Had to pay extra $50 to E file states. I though I was done getting scammed with absurd fees then i'm hit with a page saying that even though I E-Filed and payed $50 for it, I'm still required to mail in my returns and I will still be required to pay the $50. Thanks TurboTax for hiding that until after I pay. Taking advantage of customers that already paid for their premium product. Will not be returning next year.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Good stuff Easy, accurate, responsive. Give it a go and use it every tax filing season
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 4 out of 5 by from Excellent Filing Tool I like the step through process with TurboTax. My circumstances have changed over the years and I like the thorough review process. One thing to add is a clear option to select, federal filing only (no state filing).
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 3 out of 5 by from Reasonable experience, misleading charges 90% of the tax return process was easy. The other 10% was exhausting. For example: I sold shares from an ESPP and needed extra information, which I was able to hunt down. When entering information, it specifically said not to worry about dividends. During the check, it wouldn't let me continue until I entered details about the dividends, so I had to hunt the paperwork down again. Then when I went to file, I was fine to pay the $20 for my state return. Except after I enter in the credit card information it's suddenly $25. What? Why? Called customer service to be told that price increased at some point and if I didn't want to pay the $25, I could always print and mail the return. A very disappointing end to a mildly exhausting experience.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Always fast and easy! Use Turbo Tax for 7 years now!! Turbo tax is the easiest way to file!
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Love Turbo Tax I am a MAC user, easy to use and answers to the questions are editable. Peace of mind with Audit Protection. I have a rental and it makes it easy.
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from great program I have been using turbo tax for thirty years with no problems. I will continue to use them forever
Date published: 2022-04-12
Rated 5 out of 5 by from Easy and efficient I love it Took of bitnof searching but turbo tax was there every step of the way
Date published: 2022-04-12
All TurboTax® Offerings Reviews - Page 2134