Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
The following are terms of a legal agreement between you and ARAG North America, Inc. (ARAG). INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES ARE NOT A PARTY TO THIS AGREEMENT, AND YOU AGREE THAT YOUR USE OF THIS SERVICE SHALL NOT CREATE ANY LIABILITY BETWEEN YOU AND INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES. IT IS IMPORTANT SO TAKE A FEW MINUTES TO READ THESE TERMS CAREFULLY. BY ENROLLING AND USING ARAG SERVICES, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOU HAVE READ, UNDERSTOOD, AND AGREE TO THESE TERMS AND CONDITIONS.
The plan services do not include:
1. Matters against ARAG and/or Intuit.
2. Matters arising out of a business interest, investment interests, employment matters, employee benefits, your role as an officer or director of an organization, and patents or copyrights, matters typically handled by a contingency fee.
3. Matters deemed by us to be frivolous or lacking merit.
4. Matters outside the jurisdiction of the United States of America.
Estate Planning Docs
ARAG offering may only be purchased by individuals residing in the United States, including the District of Columbia, and U.S. military personnel as the documents are intended for use only in these geographical locations. Please remember that the legal documents are useful in many situations. Whether or not the document is right for you and your situation depends on your circumstances. For example, the will is not intended to be a joint will with your spouse, they will need to create their own separate will. The will is not designed to attempt to disinherit a spouse or a minor child, nor to be used for tax avoidance or tax reduction strategies necessary for larger estates; to address the special planning needed if there is a non-citizen spouse; for property located outside the United States; to address the situation of a disabled child receiving Supplemental Security Income (SSI) or needing a "special needs" trust; if you want a trust for children to extend beyond the age of majority or if you anticipate challenges will be made to the validity of the will. If you want specific advice regarding your situation, consult an attorney. No legal form is a substitute for personalized advice from a knowledgeable attorney licensed to practice law in your state.
While every effort is made to ensure that the docs are in compliance with the current law and are legally valid, state law changes frequently. ARAG continually monitors state legislation for newly enacted laws to make every effort to ensure the docs are legally valid. However, you may want to periodically check the template library to see if any of the documents you have created have been revised due to recent changes in the law. If so, you may want to consider redoing your document to take advantage of the new law.
Absent prior written permission from a manager of ARAG you may not copy, distribute, republish, upload, post, or transmit information contained in this web site ("Information") in any manner. Provided, however, you may download one copy of the Information onto one computer for your personal, non-commercial use only, provided you do not change the Information in any manner and further provided that you do not delete or change any copyright, trademark, or other proprietary notice contained in the Information. ARAG is not liable for any changes you make to the static content contained in any docs you create.
This limited license allows you to use the Information only for lawful uses in accordance with the foregoing and does not allow you to sell the Information, use the Information for commercial use, use any type of data mining, robots, or similar data gathering or extraction methods on the web site. Any Information downloaded by you from the web site is merely licensed to you by ARAG. This license does not transfer to you any intellectual property rights in the Information under any patent, copyright, or trademark. All such rights remain with ARAG. Modifying, or using the Information for any purpose other than as specifically authorized herein violates ARAG intellectual property rights. Absent prior written consent from a manager of ARAG you may not copy or imitate any elements of the web site, including, but not limited to, graphics, digital images, logos, sounds, images, icons and buttons, protected by trade dress and other laws. You may not resell, reverse engineer, disassemble, decompile, or otherwise modify any software contained within the Information. Absent prior written consent from a manager of ARAG, you may not use framing, metatag or hidden text techniques in association with any ARAG trademark, logo or other copyrighted or proprietary information. ARAG will prosecute all violations of ARAG's proprietary rights and of any other violation of this Agreement to the fullest extent permissible under applicable state, federal and/or international law.
Limitation of Liability
The ARAG website and its components are offered for informational purposes only; INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES AND ARAG shall not be responsible or liable for the accuracy, usefulness or availability of any information transmitted or made available via the website, and shall not be responsible or liable for any error or omissions in that information. While every effort has been made to ensure the accuracy of the site, it is not intended as legal advice as individual situations will differ and should be discussed with an expert and/or lawyer.
The material on our sites is provided as is. This means that INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES AND ARAG disclaim all express and implied warranties about the material in the sites. This includes, but is not limited to, warranties that:
- the material is of any particular level of quality or is fit for a particular purpose;
- that the functional elements contained in the materials will be uninterrupted or error-free;
- that defects will be corrected;
- that ARAG's sites, or the servers that make them available are free of computer viruses or other harmful components or conditions; or
- that information contained in the sites is accurate as of any particular date.
In no event will INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES OR ARAG be liable to any party for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, exemplary or consequential damages of any type whatsoever related to or arising from this website or any use of this website, or of any site or resource linked to, referenced, or accessed through this website, or for the use or downloading, or access to, any materials, information, products, or services, including, without limitation, any lost profits, business interruption, lost savings or loss of programs or other data, even if ARAG is expressly advised of the possibility of such damages. This exclusion and waiver of liability applies to all causes of action, whether based on contract, warranty, tort, or any other legal theories.
By providing material on the website, INTUIT INC., OR ITS AFFILIATES AND SUBSIDIARIES OR ARAG does not in any way promise that the materials will remain available to you or that you will qualify for the products we offer. ARAG is entitled to terminate all or part of any of its websites at any time, without notice to you. We sometimes provide access to other World Wide Websites from our website or you may have reached our site from another site. However, we do not endorse or approve any products or information offered to you at sites you may reach from our sites or from which you may have reached our site. The Uniform Resource Locator (URL) address in your web browser will tell you if you are still in an ARAG site (ARAGlegal.com or ARAGgroup.com) or have moved elsewhere.
When you select a password and sign-up in order to access ARAG's online services, you agree to the following conditions:
- ARAG is authorized to act on instructions received under your password without any requirement to question those instructions;
- ARAG is not liable for any unauthorized access to your personal information that is not directly due to the negligence of ARAG;
- Your password contains sensitive information and you will keep it confidential and secret;
- You will notify ARAG immediately if you believe anyone else has learned your password or if you believe an unauthorized access to ARAG or your personal information has occurred or may occur;
- ARAG may deny access or block any transaction made under your password without prior notice if we believe your password is being used by someone other than you, or if any unauthorized access to your personal information has occurred or may occur, or for any other reason, but we are under no obligation to do so.
- Violating the Terms and Conditions of Website Use may lead to a revocation of ARAG website access privileges.
Intellectual Property Rights
The website and the information it contains are the property of ARAG and, in some cases, its affiliates and licensors, and are protected by United States and international intellectual property laws. "ARAG®", the ARAG logo, the "L" logo, the Gavel logo, "BRIEFLY SPEAKING™," "LEGAL PLAN INSIGHT®," "FINANCIAL ESSENTIALS™," "HOME ESSENTIALS™," "FAMILY ESSENTIALS™," "ULTIMATEDEFENDER®," "ULTIMATE LEGAL PLAN®," "LEGAL ESSENTIALS®," "GREEN FAIR®," "CASEASSIST®," "DIY DOCS®," "LEGAL RESCUE®," "IDENTITY THEFT CASE SOLUTIONS®," "ARAG DIRECT," "LEGALRX®," "MY STORY®," "EXPAND YOUR HORIZONS®," "SENIORADVOCATE®," "LAW EXPRESSO®," "ULTIMATEADVISOR®," "SIMPLIFYING A COMPLICATED WORLD®," and LEGAL NOW™" are registered trademarks or trademarks of ARAG in the United States and other countries. This is not intended as a complete list of ARAG trademarks and other ARAG product or service names or logos appearing in the site may be trademarks or services marks of ARAG or its affiliates. Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not use any portion of this website, or any other intellectual property of ARAG (including, but not limited to ARAG-related service marks), on any other website, in the source code of any other website, or in any other printed or electronic materials. Except as expressly provided herein, you shall not modify, publish, reproduce, republish, create derivative works, copy, upload, transmit, distribute, or otherwise use any of this website's content or frame this website within any other website without ARAG's prior written permission. However, sharing of ARAG's content on social networks is permitted so long as the content is properly sourced, remains intact and is not modified. Systematic retrieval of data or other content from this site to create or compile, directly or indirectly, a collection, compilation, database or directory, without prior written permission from ARAG, is prohibited.
If you believe any materials accessible on or from the website or the products infringe your copyright or other intellectual property, you may request removal of those materials (or access thereto) from the website or the products by contacting our copyright agent (identified below) and providing the following information:
- Identification of the copyrighted work that you believe to be infringed. Please describe the work, and where possible include a copy or the location (for example, the URL) of an authorized version of the work.
- Identification of the material that you believe to be infringing and its location. Please describe the material, and provide us with its URL or any other pertinent information that will allow us to locate the material.
- Any information required to be included in a copyright infringement report under the Digital Millennium Copyright Act (DMCA).
- Your name, address, telephone number and (if available) email address.
- A statement that you have a good faith belief that the complained use of the materials is not authorized by the copyright owner, its agent, or the law.
- A statement that the information that you have supplied is accurate, and indicating that "under penalty of perjury" you are the copyright owner or are authorized to act on the copyright owner's behalf.
- A signature or the electronic equivalent from the copyright holder or authorized representative.
Our agent for copyright issues relating to the Site and the Products is as follows:
ARAG North America, Inc.
Ann Cosimano, General Counsel
500 Grand Avenue
Des Moines, IA 50309-2405
You agree to defend, indemnify and hold ARAG, its parents, subsidiaries, affiliates, managers and employees, its suppliers and their respective affiliates and agents, harmless from all claims, liabilities, damages and expenses (including attorneys' fees and expenses) arising out of or relating to,
- your submission to this website of any intentionally malicious transmission;
- your alleged breach of this Agreement; or
- your infringement of any intellectual property or other right of any person or entity.
Unless otherwise specified, the materials in our site are presented to provide information about ARAG and our products. Iowa law shall govern and control any action concerning the ARAG sites. We do not in any way imply that the materials on the sites or the products we discuss are available or for use outside the United States or in jurisdictions in which we are not licensed to do business, or that we are soliciting business in any such jurisdiction. By completing an on-line purchase, you are confirming that you are not a resident in any such jurisdiction. By using the ARAGlegal.com or ARAGgroup.com website, you agree to these Terms and Conditions of Website Use.
These Terms and Conditions of Website Use, and the agreement they create, shall be governed by and interpreted according to the laws of the State of Iowa, without giving effect to Iowa's conflict of laws principles. If any provision of this agreement is unlawful, void or unenforceable, it shall not affect the validity and/or enforceability of any remaining provisions. ARAG may modify these Terms and Conditions of Website Use, and the agreement they create, at any time, simply by updating this posting or the information on its website and without notice to you.