Think green - choose download
Here’s how it works:
Why TurboTax Premier is the easiest choice for you …
TurboTax Premier was designed to help you make the most of your investments and rental property deductions, so you get the biggest tax refund possible.
Choose TurboTax Premier if any of the following apply to you:
- You sold stocks, bonds, mutual funds, or options for an employee stock plan
- You own rental property
- You are the beneficiary of an estate or trust (received a K-1 form)
If you are a sole proprietor, consultant, 1099 contractor, or single-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Home & Business. It has everything in Premier, PLUS expanded guidance to help you maximize home office, vehicle, and other business deductions.
If you own an S Corp, partnership, C Corp, or multiple-owner LLC, choose TurboTax Business.
Everything you need to do your taxes with ease.
Helps You Get the Most from Your Investments
- Imports Your Investment Info — Saves time by automatically importing your investment info directly from your financial institution.
- Helps You Accurately Report Investment Sales — Walks you through reporting sales of stocks, bonds and mutual funds. Automatically calculates capital gains/losses and keeps track of those that carry over to future tax returns.
- Determines Your Cost Basis — Finds your accurate purchase price for stock sales, in three easy steps.
- Helps with Employee Stock Plans — Guides you through reporting sales and automatically determines your correct basis for selling shares purchased at different times or different prices.
- Helps You Find Every Rental Deduction — Finds over 20 deductions for landlords, from travel to advertising to repairs to insurance.
- Shows Your Best Rental Depreciation Method — Simplifies reporting rental property depreciation and shows which depreciation method will get you the biggest tax deduction.
- Maximizes Refinancing Deductions — Guides you through deducting points, appraisal fees, recording costs, and more so you don’t miss a single chance to save.
- Helps with New Rental Properties — Shows you step by step how to set up new rental properties.
Also includes everything in Deluxe:
Finds All Tax Deductions and Credits You Deserve to Get Your Biggest Refund
- Maximizes Your Tax Deductions — Asks simple questions about your income, family situation and changes in your tax situation and credits. Then, based on your answers, searches for more than 350 deductions and credits to get you the biggest tax refund—guaranteed.
- Looks for Deduction Opportunities as You Go — Shows you which deductions you’ve taken, which deductions you haven’t, and tells you how to qualify for just about any deduction, so you don’t miss any opportunities to save.
- Gets You the Maximum Deduction for Donations — ItsDeductible (included) helps you accurately value items you donate to charity–no more guessing. Plus, it tracks other donations such as cash, mileage and stocks, to help you get every charitable deduction you’re entitled to.
- Handles Your Life Changes — Changed jobs? Got married? Bought a home? Had a baby? TurboTax guides you through common life changes, explains how the changes will impact your taxes, and tells you what you can deduct.
- Helps with Medical Expenses — Does all the math and tells you if you qualify to deduct your medical expenses for maximum tax savings.
Helps You Reduce Audit Risk
- Includes Downloadable Audit Support Center — Gives you step-by-step guidance on everything you need to know and do if the IRS contacts you.
- Audit Support Guarantee — Free one-on-one audit guidance year-round from an experienced
- Tracks Your Audit Risk — Audit Risk Meter™ checks your tax return for common audit triggers, shows whether your risk is high or low, and provides tips to help you reduce your chance of an audit.
- Also Available: Audit Defense — Provides full-service representation by a trained tax professional. You will never have to meet with the IRS, unless you want to.3
Does the Hard Work for You
- Asks Easy Questions, Tailored to You — Guides you step by step through your tax return and puts your answers on the right tax forms for you. Skips interview questions that don’t apply to you, so you can finish your return faster.
- Automatically Fills in W-2 and 1099 Info — Gets your W-2 and 1099 data directly from over 400,000 participating employers and financial institutions and automatically puts it in the right tax forms. A brief summary lets you review and edit downloaded information if necessary.
- Transfers Last Year’s TurboTax Info — No retyping necessary. Fills in information from your previous year’s return to save time and increase accuracy. Shows you what you’re importing and where it goes in your return. You can also import data from other tax software including TaxACT and H&R Block At Home™4
- Imports Your Financial Data — Imports information from your financial software (including Quicken®, QuickBooks® 2007 and higher,5 and Microsoft® Money) so you can skip the cut and paste this year.
- Makes it Easy to Hold Your Place — Flag areas in your tax return so you can get back to them easily.
Provides Help and Advice When You Need It
- Live Tax Answers — Get live answers online from TurboTax experts and other TurboTax users in our Live Community.2 Plus you’ll have instant access to answers to commonly asked tax questions on every screen.
- Straightforward Guidance & Advice — Find help on any tax topic from anywhere within TurboTax. Get plain-English explanations of specific tax areas and helpful examples when you need them.
- Guide Me — Not sure how to answer a tax question? We’ll guide you to the right answer, making your taxes even easier.
- Explains Your Return — Shows you a summary of your return, including income, tax, credits and payments so you know your taxes are accurate. Provides recommendations to help you get an even bigger refund next year.
- FREE Technical Support — Got a software question? No problem! Get answers from a TurboTax expert via phone or live chat.
Spots Errors and Shows How to Fix Them
- Smart Check™ Scans for Mistakes — Smart Check double-checks your return for errors, so you can be confident your taxes are done right.
- Guaranteed Accurate Calculations — If you should get hit with an IRS or state penalty or interest due to a TurboTax calculation error, we’ll pay you the penalty and interest.
- Keeps You Up-to-Date with the Latest Tax Laws — With a single click you can check for updates each time you start to ensure your return includes the latest IRS and state tax forms. No more disruptions while you work on your return.
Gets Your Refund Faster with Included Federal E-file
- Shows Your Tax Refund in Real Time — Watch your refund add up as you complete your return. Our Dual Refund Monitor constantly displays and updates both your federal and state refunds (or taxes due) as you complete your federal return.
- Federal E-file Included — E-file your federal return to get the fastest refund possible. Free federal e-file is included with TurboTax at no extra charge. If you’re a returning user, we’ll automatically transfer your e-file information from your previous year’s return to save you even more time.
We're out gathering the most recent reviews. It's worth the short wait, promise.
Make the switch to TurboTax.
Save money AND get all the help you need, without ever leaving home.
|TurboTax||Leading Tax Store|
|Asks you questions and fills in the right tax forms||
|Gets you every deduction and credit you deserve||
|Easily handles major life changes that can affect your taxes||
|Free tax advice from experienced tax experts who are all CPAs, Enrolled Agents, or Tax Attorneys1||
|Prepare and file your taxes on your schedule, anytime, 24/7||
|Saves you an average of $100 or more in preparing your taxes2||
|Saves you from additional form-by-form charges||
TurboTax prepared more federal tax returns last year than the leading tax store.3
1Live tax advice service is free and available year-round by phone or live chat for questions on 2012 U.S. Federal and State tax returns (restrictions apply). Free Edition customers only receive live chat; Business Edition customers only receive phone. Service, experience levels, hours of operation and availability vary and are subject to change without notice. Tax Attorneys are not providing legal advice and are authorized under IRS Circ 230 to provide tax assistance and tax advice. See full offer details.
2Based on 2012 reported company and survey data for personal returns. Actual savings vary based on tax situation.
3Based upon industry, historical and publicly available data for 2010 returns in the U.S.