Terms of Service
Notice: Your use of this service means that you have accepted these Terms of Service in their entirety. If you do not agree with these terms in their entirety, please terminate the service. These Terms of Service identify what you can expect from CSIdentity Corporation (d/b/a ID Notify), a Delaware corporation ("ID Notify") and what ID Notify expects from you. These Terms of Service apply to your purchase of any products and/or services offered or provided by ID Notify and govern the relationship between ID Notify and you, even if you have agreed to other or conflicting terms and conditions of third parties associated with this business relationship or the provision of such services and/or products.
Please read the following information carefully before using any of the products or services (the "Services") provided by this Web site (this "Site"). By accessing or using any of the Services, you acknowledge that you have read, understood, and agree to these Terms of Service and to follow all applicable laws and regulations. If you do not agree with the Terms of Service, do not use the Services. We reserve the right, in our sole discretion, to modify or update these Terms of Service at any time without prior notice to you, which modifications and/or updates will be binding on you, and we may refuse to provide you the Services for any reason or no reason at all. Please check the Terms of Service each time you visit this Site for the most current information. In order to receive the benefits of the Services, you must follow the procedures and/or other requirements of the applicable Service(s); if you do not comply with such requirements (for example, claims procedures, registration process, etc.), then you may not receive the intended benefits of the Services. By accepting these Terms of Services, you agree to comply with any and all procedures and requirements for the Services.
The Identity Theft Insurance is underwritten and administered by American Bankers Insurance Company of Florida, an Assurant company under group or blanket policy(ies). The description herein is a summary and intended for informational purposes only and does not include all terms, conditions and exclusions of the policies described. Please refer to the actual policies for terms, conditions, and exclusions of coverage. Coverage may not be available in all jurisdictions. Review the Summary of Benefits.
Privacy and Information Sharing
Disclaimer of Warranties and Limitation of Liability
- NOTHING IN THESE TERMS OF SERVICE, INCLUDING SECTIONS 4 AND 5, SHALL EXCLUDE OR LIMIT OUR WARRANTY OR LIABILITY FOR LOSSES WHICH MAY NOT BE LAWFULLY EXCLUDED OR LIMITED BY APPLICABLE LAW. SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OF CERTAIN WARRANTIES OR CONDITIONS OR THE LIMITATION OR EXCLUSION OF LIABILITY FOR LOSS OR DAMAGE CAUSED BY NEGLIGENCE, BREACH OF CONTRACT OR BREACH OF IMPLIED TERMS, OR INCIDENTAL OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES. ACCORDINGLY, ONLY THE LIMITATIONS WHICH ARE LAWFUL IN YOUR JURISDICTION WILL APPLY TO YOU AND OUR LIABILITY WILL BE LIMITED TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY LAW.
- OUR SITE, INCLUDING ALL CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS AND SERVICES MADE AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THIS SITE, IS PROVIDED TO YOU "AS IS". TO THE FULLEST EXTENT PERMISSIBLE UNDER APPLICABLE LAW, NEITHER ID NOTIFY NOR ITS AFFILIATES OR ANY THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS MAKE ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES OF ANY KIND WHATSOEVER AS TO THE CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES AVAILABLE ON OR ACCESSED THROUGH THE SITE, THAT A USER WILL HAVE CONTINUOUS, UNINTERRUPTED OR SECURE ACCESS TO OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES OR THAT OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES WILL BE ERROR-FREE. IN ADDITION, ID NOTIFY AND ITS AFFILIATES AND OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ALL EXPRESS OR IMPLIED WARRANTIES, INCLUDING TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, AND FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, NON-INFRINGEMENT AND INFORMATIONAL CONTENT. THEREFORE, YOU AGREE THAT YOUR ACCESS TO, AND USE OF, OUR SITE, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND/OR CONTENT ARE AT YOUR OWN RISK. BY USING OUR SERVICES AND OUR SITE, YOU ACKNOWLEDGE AND AGREE THAT NEITHER ID NOTIFY NOR ITS AFFILIATES HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU (WHETHER BASED IN CONTRACT, TORT, STRICT LIABILITY OR OTHERWISE) FOR ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR SPECIAL DAMAGES ARISING OUT OF OR IN ANY WAY CONNECTED WITH YOUR ACCESS TO OR USE OF OUR SITE, CONTENT, MEMBERSHIPS, PRODUCTS OR SERVICES (EVEN IF WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES), INCLUDING LIABILITY ASSOCIATED WITH ANY VIRUSES WHICH MAY INFECT YOUR COMPUTER EQUIPMENT.
- NO ADVICE OR INFORMATION, WHETHER ORAL OR WRITTEN, OBTAINED BY YOU FROM US, OR THROUGH OR FROM THE SERVICES, SHALL CREATE ANY WARRANTY NOT EXPRESSLY STATED IN THIS AGREEMENT.
- We are not a credit repair organization, or similarly regulated organization under other applicable laws, and do not provide credit repair advice.
- Our credit monitoring offerings monitor only the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer, and do not monitor, compare or cross-reference the credit file associated with the purchasing consumer to any other credit file(s) maintained by the applicable credit bureau(s).
- If you use the SSN Trace services, you represent and warrant to us that you will use such services (or any of the information therein) to protect against or prevent actual fraud, unauthorized transactions, claims or other liabilities, and not for any other purpose.
- Our Full Identity Restoration Services will not provide you with any financial reimbursement.
Limitation of Liability
- SUBJECT TO SECTION 4 ABOVE, YOU EXPRESSLY UNDERSTAND AND AGREE THAT WE AND OUR SUBSIDIARIES AND AFFILIATES, AND OUR THIRD PARTY SERVICE PROVIDERS OR SUPPLIERS SHALL NOT BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR:
- ANY DIRECT, INDIRECT, INCIDENTAL, SPECIAL CONSEQUENTIAL OR EXEMPLARY DAMAGES WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, HOWEVER CAUSED AND UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY. THIS SHALL INCLUDE, BUT NOT BE LIMITED TO, ANY LOSS OF PROFIT (WHETHER INCURRED DIRECTLY OR INDIRECTLY), ANY LOSS OF GOODWILL OR BUSINESS REPUTATION, ANY LOSS OF DATA SUFFERED, COST OF PROCUREMENT OF SUBSTITUTE GOODS OR SERVICES, OR OTHER INTANGIBLE LOSS; OR
- ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE WHICH MAY BE INCURRED BY YOU, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO LOSS OR DAMAGE AS A RESULT OF:
- ANY RELIANCE PLACED BY YOU ON THE COMPLETENESS, ACCURACY OR EXISTENCE OF ANY ADVERTISING, OR AS A RESULT OF ANY RELATIONSHIP OR TRANSACTION BETWEEN YOU AND ANY ADVERTISER OR SPONSOR WHOSE ADVERTISING APPEARS ON THE SERVICES OR SITE;
- ANY CHANGES WHICH WE MAY MAKE TO THE SERVICES, OR FOR ANY PERMANENT OR TEMPORARY CESSATION IN THE PROVISION OF THE SERVICES (OR ANY FEATURES WITHIN THE SERVICES);
- THE DELETION OF, CORRUPTION OF, OR FAILURE TO STORE, ANY CONTENT AND OTHER COMMUNICATIONS DATA MAINTAINED OR TRANSMITTED BY OR THROUGH YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES;
- YOUR FAILURE TO PROVIDE US WITH ACCURATE ACCOUNT INFORMATION; OR
- YOUR FAILURE TO KEEP YOUR PASSWORD OR ACCOUNT DETAILS SECURE AND CONFIDENTIAL.
- THE LIMITATIONS ON OUR LIABILITY TO YOU IN SECTION 4 ABOVE SHALL APPLY WHETHER OR NOT WE HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF OR SHOULD HAVE BEEN AWARE OF THE POSSIBILITY OF ANY SUCH LOSSES ARISING.
Payment and Billing
In the event that we bill you directly (that is, you are not billed by one of our third party service providers), you agree that you will make any required payments to us on a timely basis on a monthly or annual basis (as determined by you when you enroll). You authorize us to bill your credit card or other account that you have designated, unless you tell us in advance to cancel your order. In the case of direct payment, you authorize us to: (1) charge your credit card, (2) automatically charge your credit card on a monthly or annual basis for your recurring monthly or annual renewals, as the case may be, and (3) obtain automatic updates for any expiring credit cards you have provided ID Notify. Monthly or annual fees and renewal fees will be billed at the rate agreed to upon purchase. At cancellation, your ID Notify account will be de-activated and you will no longer be able to log into our Site and/or have any access to the Services. Except in the case of annual subscription commitments you have agreed to, which shall be nonrefundable, as permitted by law, if you cancel, you agree that fees for the first month of Service and any start-up costs associated with setting up your account ("Start-up Costs") shall be nonrefundable, as permitted by law. With the exception of any subscription commitments agreed by you, if you paid fees in advance for any period longer than one month, then you may, with the exception of fees for the first month of Service and any Start-up Costs, obtain a refund on a pro rata basis for the period remaining after you cancel.
Unsolicited Idea Submission Policy
When you provide us with comments, suggestions, or ideas (collectively, "Feedback"), such Feedback is not considered confidential and becomes the property of ID Notify. We are not obligated to you if you provide such Feedback. We are free to use, copy, or distribute the Feedback to others for any purpose.
Because you can access this Site and use the Services internationally, you agree to follow all local rules about the Internet, data, e-mail, and privacy. Specifically, you agree to follow all laws that apply to transmitting technical data exported from the United States or the country of your residence.
Fair Credit Reporting Act
The Fair Credit Reporting Act allows you to obtain from each credit reporting agency a disclosure of all the information in your credit file at the time of the request. Full disclosure of information in your file at a credit reporting agency must be obtained directly from such credit reporting agency. The credit reports provided or requested through our Site are not intended to constitute the disclosure of information by a credit reporting agency as required by the Fair Credit Reporting Act or similar laws.
Under the Fair Credit Reporting Act you are entitled to receive an annual free disclosure of your credit report from each of the national credit reporting agencies. To request your free annual report under the FCRA, you must go to www.annualcreditreport.com. You can also contact the central source to request this free annual disclosure by calling toll free (877) 322-8228 or by using the mail request form available at the central source Website.
You are entitled to receive a free copy of your credit report from a credit reporting agency if:
- You have been denied or were otherwise notified of an adverse action related to credit, insurance, employment, or a government granted license or other government granted benefit within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You have been denied house/apartment rental or were required to pay a higher deposit than usually required within the past sixty (60) days based on information in a credit report provided by such agency.
- You certify in writing that you are unemployed and intend to apply for employment during the sixty (60) day period beginning on the date on which you made such certification.
- You certify in writing that you are a recipient of public welfare assistance.
- You certify in writing that you have reason to believe that your file at such credit reporting agency contains inaccurate information due to fraud.
We perform the Services through our corporate headquarters located in the State of Texas. This Agreement shall be governed, interpreted, and enforced according to the laws of the State of Texas, regardless of Texas conflict of laws. Subject to Section 11 below (which provides for arbitration of claims between us to the maximum extent possible), you irrevocably and unconditionally consent and submit to the exclusive jurisdiction of the federal and state courts located in Travis County, Texas for any dispute or litigation arising out of, relating to, or the use or purchase of Services from ID Notify.
Notwithstanding any other agreement to arbitrate or other agreement between you and any third party associated with this relationship or the provision of the Services, both ID Notify and you agree that any dispute, controversy or claim arising out of, or relating to this Agreement or the relationship contemplated hereby, or any interpretation, construction performance or breach of this Agreement or the Services provided by ID Notify shall be settled by confidential arbitration, in accordance with the American Arbitration Association’s ("AAA") Commercial Arbitration Rules (including without limitation the Supplementary Procedures for Consumer Related Disputes) as then in effect. The arbitrator may grant injunctions or other relief in such dispute or controversy. A single arbitrator with knowledge of electronic commerce will conduct the arbitration and the parties will mutually agree upon such arbitrator. In the event that the parties have not agreed upon an arbitrator within thirty (30) days of the date of the notice of intention to arbitrate, the arbitrator will be selected by AAA from its list of arbitrators. The arbitrator will conduct a single hearing no longer than one day in duration for the purpose of receiving evidence and will, if practicable, render a decision within fifteen (15) days after the conclusion of the hearing. The decision of the arbitrator will be final, conclusive and binding on all the parties to the arbitration. Judgment may be rendered on the arbitrator’s decision in any state or federal court. Although the cost of the filing fee for the arbitration will be borne equally by you and ID Notify, all other expenses of the arbitration will be paid by the party who incurred them. In addition to, and separate and apart from, the above agreement to arbitrate, you also agree that you will not participate in any way in any class action in connection with any dispute, controversy or claim, either as a class representative plaintiff or as a member of a putative class.
YOU AGREE TO INDEMNIFY, DEFEND AND HOLD HARMLESS US, OUR OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, LICENSORS, SUPPLIERS AND ANY THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS OF INFORMATION OR SERVICES TO THE SITE FROM AND AGAINST ALL LOSSES, EXPENSES, DAMAGES AND COSTS, INCLUDING REASONABLE ATTORNEYS’ FEES, RESULTING FROM ANY VIOLATION OF THESE TERMS OF SERVICE OR YOUR VIOLATION OF APPLICABLE LAWS, RULES OR REGULATIONS. IN THE EVENT THAT WE ARE SUBJECT TO ANY CLAIM FOR WHICH WE HAVE THE RIGHT TO BE INDEMNIFIED BY YOU, WE WILL HAVE THE RIGHT TO, AT YOUR EXPENSE, ASSUME THE EXCLUSIVE DEFENSE AND CONTROL OF ANY SUCH CLAIM, AND YOU WILL NOT IN ANY EVENT SETTLE ANY CLAIM WITHOUT OUR PRIOR WRITTEN CONSENT.
Your Passwords and Account Security
You agree and understand that you are responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of passwords associated with any account you use to access the Services. Accordingly, you agree that you will be solely responsible to us for all activities that occur under your account. If you become aware of any unauthorized use of your password or of your account, you agree to notify us immediately.
Termination of Relationship
- These Terms of Service will continue to apply until terminated by either you or us as set out below.
- If you want to terminate your legal agreement with us, you may do so, with our without cause, by (a) notifying us at any time and (b) closing your accounts for all of the Services which you use, where we have made this option available to you. Please contact us to close your account.
- We may at any time terminate our legal agreement with you with our without cause (and for any or no reason). We may also terminate our legal agreement with you if, among other reasons:
- you have breached any provision of the Terms of Service (or have acted in manner which clearly shows that you do not intend to, or are unable to comply with the provisions of the Terms of Service);
- we are required to do so by law (for example, where the provision of the Services to you is, or becomes, unlawful); or
- the provision of the Services to you by us is, in our opinion, no longer commercially viable.
- If we terminate your Service without cause, ID Notify will refund to you a pro rata portion of any fees already paid directly to ID Notify for the Services that have yet to be provided. If this Agreement has not been terminated, it shall continue indefinitely, and you shall pay the corresponding fees for the Services. When this Agreement terminates, all of the legal rights, obligations and liabilities that you and we have benefited from, been subject to (or which have accrued over time while the Agreement has been in force) or which are expressed to continue indefinitely, shall be unaffected by this termination and/or cessation, and the provisions of Sections 4, 5, 6, 7 and 10-15, inclusive, shall continue to apply to such rights, obligations and liabilities indefinitely.
- No waiver of any breach of any provision of these Terms of Service or of any agreement with us will constitute a waiver of any prior, concurrent, or subsequent breach of the same or other provisions. All waivers must be in writing. If any court of competent jurisdiction finds any part or provision of these Terms of Service or of any other agreement between you and us to be invalid or unenforceable, such findings will have no effect on any other part or provision of these Terms of Service or any other agreement between you and us. All waivers must be in writing.
- We are not responsible for delay or failure to perform due to causes beyond our reasonable control.
- The Terms of Service constitute the whole legal agreement between you and us and govern your use of the Services (but excluding any services which we may provide to you under a separate written agreement), and completely replace any prior agreements between you and us in relation to the Services.
- You may not use, frame or utilize framing techniques to enclose any ID Notify trademark, logo or other proprietary information, including the images found at the Site, the content of any text or the layout/design of any page or form contained on a page without ID Notify’s express written consent. Except as noted above, you are not conveyed any right or license by implication, estoppel, or otherwise in or under any patent, trademark, copyright, or proprietary right of ID Notify or any third party.
- The Site contains many of the valuable trademarks, service marks, names, titles, logos, images, designs, copyrights and other proprietary materials owned, registered and used by ID Notify and its subsidiaries, including but not limited to, the marks "ID Notify," "CSID," "CyberAgent," and others. ID Notify and the ID Notify product names referenced in the Site are either trademarks, service marks or registered trademarks of ID Notify or ID Notify’s third party service providers. Any unauthorized use of same is strictly prohibited and all rights in same are reserved by ID Notify. No use of any ID Notify trademark may be made by any third party without express written consent of ID Notify. Other products and company names mentioned in the Site may be the trademarks of their respective owners.
- No part of ID Notify’s Site may be reproduced, modified, or distributed in any form or manner without the prior written permission of ID Notify.
- The images, text, screens, web pages, materials, data, content and other information ("Content") used and displayed on the Site are the property of ID Notify or its third party service providers or suppliers and are protected by copyright, trademark and other laws. In addition to our rights in individual elements of the Content within the Site, ID Notify owns copyright or patent rights in the selection, coordination, arrangement and enhancement of such Content. You may copy the Content from the Web Site for your personal or educational use only, provided that each copy includes any copyright, trademark or service mark notice or attribution as they appear on the pages copied. Except as provided in the preceding sentence, none of the Content may be copied, displayed, distributed, downloaded, licensed, modified, published, reposted, reproduced, reused, sold, transmitted, used to create a derivative work or otherwise used for public or commercial purposes without the express written permission of ID Notify or the owner of the Content.
- Except as otherwise provided, we may send any notices to you to the most recent e-mail address you have provided to us or, if you have not provided an e-mail address, to any e-mail or postal address that we believe is your address. If you wish to update your registration information, please log in to your account and update your information.