Thank you for selecting the Services offered by Intuit Consumer Group Inc. and/or its subsidiaries and affiliates (referred to as "Intuit", "we", "our", or "us"). Review these Terms of Service ("Agreement") thoroughly. This Agreement is a legal agreement between you and Intuit. By accepting electronically (for example, clicking “I Agree”), installing, accessing or using the Services, you agree to these terms. If you do not agree to this Agreement, then you may not use the Services.
A. GENERAL TERMS
This Agreement describes the terms governing your use of the Intuit online services provided to you on this website, including content, updates and new releases, (collectively, the “Services”). It includes by reference:
- Intuit's Privacy Statement provided to you in the Services available on the website or provided to you otherwise.
- Additional Terms and Conditions, which may include those from third parties.
- Any terms provided separately to you for the Services, including product or program terms, ordering, activation, payment terms, etc.
2. YOUR RIGHTS TO USE THE SERVICES
2.1 The Services are protected by copyright, trade secret, and other intellectual property laws. You are only granted the right to use the Services and only for the purposes described by Intuit. Intuit reserves all other rights in the Services. Until termination of this Agreement and as long as you meet any applicable payment obligations and comply with this Agreement, Intuit grants to you a personal, limited, nonexclusive, nontransferable right and license to use the Services.
2.2 You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services or content in a manner that violates any applicable law, regulation or this Agreement. You agree you will not:
- Provide access to or give any part of the Services to any third party.
- Reproduce, modify, copy, deconstruct, sell, trade or resell the Services.
- Make the Services available on any file-sharing or application hosting service.
This Agreement also incorporates by reference and includes program ordering and payment terms provided to you in Section B, 2.3 and on the website for the Services.
For Services offered on a payment or subscription basis, the following terms apply, unless Intuit notifies you otherwise in writing:
- Payments will be billed to you in U.S. dollars, and your account will be debited when you subscribe and provide your payment information, unless stated otherwise in the program ordering or payment terms on the website for the Services.
- You must pay with one of the following:
- A valid credit card acceptable to Intuit;
- A valid debit card acceptable to Intuit;
- Sufficient funds in a checking or savings account to cover
an electronic debit of the payment due;
- By another payment option Intuit provides to you in writing.
- If your payment and registration information is not accurate, current, and complete and you do not notify us promptly when such information changes, we may suspend or terminate your account and refuse any use of the Services.
- If you do not notify us of updates to your payment method (e.g., credit card expiration date), to avoid interruption of your service, we may participate in programs supported by your card provider (e.g., updater services, recurring billing programs, etc.) to try to update your payment information, and you authorize us to continue billing your account with the updated information that we obtain.
- Intuit will automatically renew your monthly or annual Services at the current rates, unless the Services are cancelled or terminated under this Agreement.
- Additional cancellation or renewal terms may be provided to you on the website for the Services.
4. USE WITH YOUR MOBILE DEVICE
Use of these Services may be available through a compatible mobile device, Internet access and may require software. You agree that you are solely responsible for these requirements, including any applicable changes, updates and fees as well as the terms of your agreement with your mobile device and telecommunications provider.
INTUIT MAKES NO WARRANTIES OR REPRESENTATIONS OF ANY KIND, EXPRESS, STATUTORY OR IMPLIED AS TO:
- THE AVAILABILITY OF TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES FROM YOUR PROVIDER AND ACCESS TO THE SERVICES AT ANY TIME OR FROM ANY LOCATION;
- ANY LOSS, DAMAGE, OR OTHER SECURITY INTRUSION OF THE TELECOMMUNICATION SERVICES; AND
- ANY DISCLOSURE OF INFORMATION TO THIRD PARTIES OR FAILURE TO TRANSMIT ANY DATA, COMMUNICATIONS OR SETTINGS CONNECTED WITH THE SERVICES.
5. YOUR PERSONAL INFORMATION. You can view Intuit’s Privacy Statement provided with the Services and on the website for the Services. You agree to the applicable Intuit Privacy Statement, and changes published by Intuit. You agree that Intuit may use and maintain your data according to the Intuit Privacy Statement, as part of the Services. You also give Intuit permission to combine information you enter or upload in a way that does not identify you personally with that of other users of the Services. For example, this means that Intuit may use that non-identifiable, aggregated data to improve services, design promotions, or provide ways for you to compare business practices with other users.
6.1 You are responsible for your content. You are responsible for all materials ("Content") uploaded, posted or stored through your use of the Services. Archive your Content frequently. You are responsible for any lost or unrecoverable Content. You must provide all required and appropriate warnings, information and disclosures. Intuit is not responsible for the Content or data you submit through the Services.
You agree not to use, nor permit any third party to use, the Services to upload, post, distribute, link to, publish, reproduce, engage in or transmit any of the following, including but not limited to:
- Illegal, fraudulent, defamatory, obscene, pornographic, profane, threatening, abusive, hateful, harassing, offensive, inappropriate or objectionable information or communications of any kind, including without limitation conduct that would encourage "flaming" others, or criminal or civil liability under any local, state, federal or foreign law;
- Content that would impersonate someone else or falsely represent your identity or qualifications, or that constitutes a breach of any individual’s privacy;
- Except as permitted by Intuit in writing, investment opportunities, solicitations, chain letters, pyramid schemes, other unsolicited commercial communication or engage in spamming or flooding;
- Virus, trojan horse, worm or other disruptive or harmful software or data; and
Any information, software or Content which is not legally yours and
without permission from the copyright owner or intellectual property
6.2 Community forums. The Services may include a community forum or other social features to exchange Content and information with other users of the Services and the public. Please use respect when you interact with other users. Do not reveal information that you do not want to make public. Users may post hypertext links to content of third parties for which Intuit is not responsible.
6.3 Intuit may freely use feedback you provide. You agree that Intuit may use your feedback, suggestions, or ideas in any way, including in future modifications of the Services, other products or services, advertising or marketing materials. You grant Intuit a perpetual, worldwide, fully transferable, sublicensable, non-revocable, fully paid-up, royalty free license to use the feedback you provide to Intuit in any way.
6.4 Intuit may monitor your Content. Intuit may, but has no obligation to, monitor content on the Services. We may disclose any information necessary to satisfy our legal obligations, protect Intuit or its customers, or operate the Services properly. Intuit, in its sole discretion, may refuse to post, remove, or refuse to remove, any Content, in whole or in part, alleged to be unacceptable, undesirable, inappropriate, or in violation of this Agreement.
7. ADDITIONAL TERMS
7.1 Intuit does not give professional advice. Unless specifically included with the Services, Intuit is not in the business of providing legal, financial, accounting, tax, health care, real estate or other professional services or advice. Consult the services of a competent professional when you need this type of assistance.
7.2 We may tell you about other Intuit services. You may be offered other services, products, or promotions by Intuit ("Intuit Services"). Additional terms and conditions and fees may apply. With some Intuit Services you may upload or enter data from your account(s) such as names, addresses and phone numbers, purchases, etc., to the Internet. You grant Intuit permission to use information about your business and experience to help us to provide the Intuit Services to you and to enhance the Services. You grant Intuit permission to combine your business data, if any, with that of others in a way that does not identify you or any individual personally. You also grant Intuit permission to share or publish summary results relating to research data and to distribute or license such data to third parties.
7.3 Communications. Intuit may be required by law to send you communications about the Services or Third Party Products. You agree that Intuit may send these communications to you via email or by posting them on our websites
7.4 You will manage your passwords and accept updates. You are responsible for securely managing your password(s) for the Services and to contact Intuit if you become aware of any unauthorized access to your account. The Services may periodically be updated with tools, utilities, improvements, third party applications, or general updates to improve the Services. You agree to receive these updates.
8. DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTIES
8.1 YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES, SOFTWARE, AND CONTENT IS ENTIRELY AT YOUR OWN RISK. EXCEPT AS DESCRIBED IN THIS AGREEMENT, THE SERVICES ARE PROVIDED "AS IS." TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES, AND ITS THIRD PARTY PROVIDERS, LICENSORS, DISTRIBUTORS OR SUPPLIERS (COLLECTIVELY,"SUPPLIERS") DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES, EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING ANY WARRANTY THAT THE SERVICES ARE FIT FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, MERCHANTABILITY, DATA LOSS, NON-INTERFERENCE WITH OR NON-INFRINGEMENT OF ANY INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY RIGHTS, OR THE ACCURACY, RELIABILITY, QUALITY OR CONTENT IN OR LINKED TO THE SERVICES. INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DO NOT WARRANT THAT THE SERVICES ARE SECURE, FREE FROM BUGS, VIRUSES, INTERRUPTION, ERRORS, THEFT OR DESTRUCTION. IF THE EXCLUSIONS FOR IMPLIED WARRANTIES DO NOT APPLY TO YOU, ANY IMPLIED WARRANTIES ARE LIMITED TO 60 DAYS FROM THE DATE OF PURCHASE OR DELIVERY OF THE SERVICES, WHICHEVER IS SOONER.
8.2 INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS DISCLAIM ANY REPRESENTATIONS OR WARRANTIES THAT YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES WILL SATISFY OR ENSURE COMPLIANCE WITH ANY LEGAL OBLIGATIONS OR LAWS OR REGULATIONS.
9. LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND INDEMNITY. TO THE MAXIMUM EXTENT PERMITTED BY APPLICABLE LAW, THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS FOR ALL CLAIMS RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED TO THE AMOUNT YOU PAID FOR THE SERVICES DURING THE TWELVE (12) MONTHS PRIOR TO SUCH CLAIM. SUBJECT TO APPLICABLE LAW, INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS ARE NOT LIABLE FOR ANY OF THE FOLLOWING: (A) INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, PUNITIVE OR CONSEQUENTIAL DAMAGES; (B) DAMAGES RELATING TO FAILURES OF TELECOMMUNICATIONS, THE INTERNET, ELECTRONIC COMMUNICATIONS, CORRUPTION, SECURITY, LOSS OR THEFT OF DATA, VIRUSES, SPYWARE, LOSS OF BUSINESS, REVENUE, PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, OR USE OF SOFTWARE OR HARDWARE THAT DOES NOT MEET INTUIT SYSTEMS REQUIREMENTS. THE ABOVE LIMITATIONS APPLY EVEN IF INTUIT AND ITS AFFILIATES AND SUPPLIERS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES. THIS AGREEMENT SETS FORTH THE ENTIRE LIABILITY OF INTUIT, ITS AFFILIATES AND YOUR EXCLUSIVE REMEDY WITH RESPECT TO THE SERVICES AND ITS USE.
You agree to indemnify and hold Intuit and its Affiliates and Suppliers harmless from any and all claims, liability and expenses, including reasonable attorneys' fees and costs, arising out of your use of the Services or breach of this Agreement (collectively referred to as "Claims"). Intuit reserves the right, in its sole discretion and at its own expense, to assume the exclusive defense and control of any Claims. You agree to reasonably cooperate as requested by Intuit in the defense of any Claims.
10. CHANGES. We reserve the right to change this Agreement at any time, and the changes will be effective when posted through the Services, on our website for the Services or when we notify you by other means. We may also change or discontinue the Services, in whole or in part. Your continued use of the Services indicates your agreement to the changes.
11. TERMINATION. Intuit may immediately, in its sole discretion and without notice terminate this Agreement or suspend the Services if you fail to comply with this Agreement or if you no longer agree to receive electronic communications. Upon termination you must immediately stop using the Services and any outstanding payments will become due. Any termination of this Agreement shall not affect Intuit’s rights to any payments due to it. Intuit may terminate a free account at any time. Sections 2.2, 3 through 14 will survive and remain in effect even if the Agreement is terminated.
12. EXPORT RESTRICTIONS. You acknowledge that the Services, including the mobile application, and the underlying software may include U.S. technical data subject to restrictions under export control laws and regulations administered by the United States government. You agree that you will comply with these laws and regulations, and will not export or re-export any part of the Services, in violation of these laws and regulations, directly or indirectly.
13. GOVERNING LAW. California state law governs this Agreement without regard to its conflicts of laws provisions.
14. DISPUTES. ANY DISPUTE OR CLAIM RELATING IN ANY WAY TO THE SERVICES OR THIS AGREEMENT WILL BE RESOLVED BY BINDING ARBITRATION, RATHER THAN IN COURT, except that you may assert claims in small claims court if your claims qualify. The Federal Arbitration Act governs the interpretation and enforcement of this provision; the arbitrator shall apply California law to all other matters. Notwithstanding anything to the contrary, any party to the arbitration may at any time seek injunctions or other forms of equitable relief from any court of competent jurisdiction. WE EACH AGREE THAT ANY AND ALL DISPUTES MUST BE BROUGHT IN THE PARTIES' INDIVIDUAL CAPACITY AND NOT AS A PLAINTIFF OR CLASS MEMBER IN ANY PURPORTED CLASS OR REPRESENTATIVE PROCEEDING. BY ENTERING INTO THIS AGREEMENT AND AGREEING TO ARBITRATION, YOU AGREE THAT YOU AND INTUIT ARE EACH WAIVING THE RIGHT TO FILE A LAWSUIT AND THE RIGHT TO A TRIAL BY JURY. IN ADDITION, YOU AGREE TO WAIVE THE RIGHT TO PARTICIPATE IN A CLASS ACTION OR LITIGATE ON A CLASS-WIDE BASIS. YOU AGREE THAT YOU HAVE EXPRESSLY AND KNOWINGLY WAIVED THESE RIGHTS.
To begin an arbitration proceeding, send a letter requesting
arbitration and describing your claim to Intuit Inc., in care of our
registered agent Corporation Service Company, 2711 Centerville Road,
Wilmington, DE 19808. Arbitration will be conducted by the American
Arbitration Association (AAA) before a single AAA arbitrator under the
AAA’s rules, which are available at www.adr.org or by calling
1-800-778-7879. Payment of all filing, administration and arbitrator
fees and costs will be governed by the AAA's rules, but if you are
unable to pay any of them, Intuit will pay them for you. In
addition, Intuit will reimburse all such fees and costs for claims
totaling less than $75,000 unless the arbitrator determines the claims
are frivolous. Likewise, Intuit will not seek its attorneys’
fees or costs in arbitration unless the arbitrator determines your
claims or defenses are frivolous. You may choose to have the
arbitration conducted by telephone, based on written submissions, or
in person in the county where you live or at another mutually agreed
location. The decision of the arbitrator shall be final and not
appealable, and judgment on the arbitration award may be entered in
any court having jurisdiction thereof. This Section 14 shall survive
expiration, termination or recession of this Agreement.
15. GENERAL. This Agreement, including the Additional Terms below, is the entire agreement between you and Intuit and replaces all prior understandings, communications and agreements, oral or written, regarding its subject matter. If any court of law, having the jurisdiction, rules that any part of this Agreement is invalid, that section will be removed without affecting the remainder of the Agreement. The remaining terms will be valid and enforceable. The United Nations Convention on Contracts for the International Sale of Goods does not apply to this Agreement. You cannot assign or transfer ownership of this Agreement to anyone without written approval of Intuit. However, Intuit may assign or transfer it without your consent to (a) an affiliate, (b) a company through a sale of assets by Intuit or (c) a successor by merger. Any assignment in violation of this Section shall be void. If you want to request a transfer of this Agreement, contact Intuit via an email to: email@example.com.
B. ADDITIONAL TERMS AND CONDITIONS FOR THE TURBOTAX ONLINE TAX PREPARATION SERVICES
Your use of the Services provided by Intuit are subject to the General Terms of Service above including these Additional Terms and Conditions which govern your use of the Services indicated below. These Additional Terms and Conditions shall prevail over any conflict or inconsistency with the General Terms of Service above.
- License Grant and Restrictions
1.1 Number of Returns.You may use the Services solely to prepare valid federal and/or state tax return(s) for which you have paid the applicable fee(s), and after proper registration and any applicable payment, to file electronically and/or print such federal and/or state tax return.
1.2 Additional Examples of Restrictions on Use. You may not use the services to prepare tax returns, schedules or worksheets on a professional or commercial basis (i.e., for a preparer's or other fee).
2.1.State Services. The term “Services” includes any state version of TurboTax Online software made available through this website, which may be subject to additional fees as described on the website.
2.2 Electronic Filing Services.
- If you choose to file your return electronically, the tax return will be forwarded to Intuit's Electronic Filing Center, where it will be converted to and stored in a standardized format, and then transmitted to the applicable federal and/or state taxing authority. You are responsible for verifying the status of your return to confirm that it has been received and accepted by the applicable taxing authority and, if necessary, for filing it manually in the event that the taxing authority rejects your electronically filed return (e.g., taxpayer name and SSN don't match). You agree to review your tax return for indications of obvious errors before electronically filing or mailing it. To the extent required by applicable law and regulation, Intuit stores and maintains information that you provide to Intuit. Intuit is not required or obligated to provide you with a copy of your 2012 tax return after October 14, 2014, you must contact the IRS.
- The Internal Revenue Service ("IRS") will begin accepting electronically filed returns on approximately January 11, 2013. If you complete a federal tax return prior to that date and want to file it electronically, you will need to sign back in to TurboTax Online anytime on or after the date the IRS first accepts filings to complete the electronic filing process. The IRS requires Intuit to notify it, in connection with the electronic filing of your tax return, of the Internet Protocol ("IP") address of the computer from which the return originated and whether the email address of the person electronically filing the return has been collected. By using this Service to prepare and submit your tax return, you consent to the disclosure to the IRS and any other tax or revenue authority of all information relating to your use of the Electronic Filing Services.
2.3 Pricing. Prices are ultimately determined at time of print or e-file and are subject to change without notice. You should confirm that the pricing for your use of the Services has not changed, particularly if some time has passed between the date you start your tax return and the date you finish and are ready to file or print and pay for it. The price for your use of the Service is established at the time you pay for it. Your price will not change once you pay for your Service.
2.4 Import Services. The TurboTax Online software includes a feature that allows you to import, where applicable, certain tax-related information from participating financial institutions (including those offering a TurboTax for Online Banking interface), payroll processors, personal financial software such as Quicken software, business financial software such as QuickBooks and charitable deduction information from ItsDeductible branded service. You are responsible for verifying the accuracy of the information that is imported.
2.5 Tax Advice.The Services includes a feature that connects you to an Intuit Tax Advice service to obtain answers to most tax questions. Internet access is required to use this service. If you choose to use it, you understand and agree that neither Intuit nor the Intuit Tax Advice service advisor will sign your tax return as the paid preparer of the return. Service levels and availability will vary based on demand and capacity and are subject to change without notice. To ensure a good experience and appropriate levels of coverage for everyone using the service, the tax expert may terminate the communication at his/her sole discretion after 20 minutes, or if it is otherwise determined that you are misusing or unnecessarily extending the duration of the communication. The full terms and conditions governing the Intuit Tax Advice service will be available on the Tax Advice service web site (accessible from www.turbotax.com/support), and by accessing and using the Tax Advice service, you agree to be bound by those terms and conditions, which supplement, and supersede where inconsistent, this Agreement.
2.6 Amended Returns. You can file an amended tax return for tax years 2012, through the Services, up to October 15, 2013. If you need to file an amended tax return for tax years 2011 or 2012 otherwise, you will be provided a link to a downloadable version of TurboTax and your tax information will be transferred via your tax data file, at no additional cost. Your amended return will need to be completed in the downloadable version of TurboTax and not TurboTax Online. You agree to this process for amended tax returns and the downloadable TurboTax End User License Agreement where applicable.
3. HELP AND SUPPORT
Intuit may use a variety of methods (e.g., in-product, Internet,
e-mail, chat, fax and phone) to provide technical support and customer
service in connection with the Services. The terms and conditions
governing the offering of this support, which may require the payment
of an additional fee, are subject to change as announced by Intuit
from time to time. Consult the TurboTax Online Help and Support web
site (currently, www.turbotax.com/support/)
for the most up-to-date information relating to this support and any
associated charges. The Services are not accessible after October 15
of each applicable tax year and shall not be supported beyond that
- TurboTax Accurate Calculation Guarantee. Intuit diligently
works to ensure the accuracy of the calculations on every form
prepared using TurboTax Online tax preparation software.
- If you are a registered user and you pay an IRS or state penalty and/or interest solely because of a calculation error on a form prepared for you using TurboTax Online, and not as a result of, among other things, your failure to enter all required information accurately, willful or fraudulent omission or inclusion of information on your tax return, misclassification of information on the tax return, or failure to file an amended return to avoid or reduce an applicable penalty/interest after Intuit announced updates or corrections to the TurboTax Online software in time for you to file an amended return, then Intuit will pay you in the amount of the IRS or state penalty and/or interest paid by you to the IRS or state. In this regard, you are responsible for keeping Intuit apprised promptly of any change in your email address, mailing address and/or phone number so that you can be notified of such updates or corrections. You are responsible for paying any additional tax liability you may owe and providing any other information Intuit reasonably requests to validate your claim. A "registered user" is a user from whom Intuit has received the information necessary to permit such person to print or electronically file a tax return prepared using the TurboTax Online software and who complies with the terms and conditions of this Agreement.
- If you believe such a calculation error occurred, you must notify Intuit as soon as you learn of the mistake (and in no event later than 30 days after the penalty or interest is assessed) at http://support.turbotax.com/go/accuracy, or by mail at Intuit Consumer Group Tax Analyst, 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706. Intuit will then contact you promptly to resolve the issue. To resolve your matter, Intuit requires your TurboTax tax data file and other supporting information such as a copy of the IRS/state notice, evidence of payment of the specified penalty and/or interest, and a copy of your printed tax return or estimated quarterly taxes form.
Maximum Refund (or Tax Savings) Guarantee or Your Money Back.
- If you are a registered user of TurboTax and you receive a larger refund amount or pay a smaller tax due amount using another tax preparation method other than TurboTax, then Intuit will refund to you the applicable purchase price paid by you for the federal and/or state TurboTax product you purchased. TurboTax Federal Free Edition customers are entitled to payment of $14.99 and a refund of your state purchase price paid. Claims must be submitted within sixty (60) days of the date you filed your tax return using TurboTax, but no later than December 15, 2013. All other fees are excluded including, electronic filing fees, Audit Defense, Refund Processing Service and technical support fees. This guarantee cannot be combined with the Satisfaction Guarantee below.
- To qualify, the larger refund or smaller tax due cannot be attributed to variations in data you provided for tax preparation or for positions taken by you or your preparer that are contrary to the law. If you received a larger refund amount or pay a smaller tax due using another tax preparation method other than TurboTax, you must notify Intuit within sixty days of the date you filed your tax return by submitting a claim with the following documents (1) Maximum Refund Guarantee Claim Request Summary, (2) copy of your TurboTax store sales receipt or shipment packing slip, (3) copy of your proof of payment for another tax preparation method (if applicable), (4) copy of your TurboTax data file, (5) copy of the printed return from the other tax preparation method, and (6) letter stating your refund or tax due amount using TurboTax and your refund or tax due amount using another tax preparation method. Send it to Intuit Consumer Group Inc., Returns Department, 120 Hidden Lake Circle, Duncan, SC 29334. Please use a traceable mailing method and maintain copies of submitted items for your records. Claims of non-payment will require photocopy substantiation of all required items. Please allow up to 6 weeks for processing and delivery. If after 8 weeks you have not received your check, contact us.
Satisfaction Guaranteed (or Guaranteed Easy).
You may use the TurboTax Online software without charge up to the point you decide to print or electronically file your tax return. Printing or electronically filing your return reflects your satisfaction with software, at which time you will be required to pay or register for the Services.
5. THIRD PARTY SERVICES
To facilitate Third Party Services, Intuit may be required to obtain
your explicit consent for disclosure and/or use of the information you
have provided to Intuit. By accepting these agreements and consents
you authorize Intuit to use and disclose your contact information,
including name and address, for the purpose of making the Services you
choose available to you. The applicable terms and conditions for
TRI's audit defense memberships are accessible at http://intuit-tt-ad001.taxaudit.com/.
Your participation in such Third Party Services indicates your
acceptance of such terms and conditions for such Third Party Services.
If you sign up for the Refund Processing Service
which enables you to deduct certain fees and any applicable tax from
the proceeds of your tax refund, you authorize Intuit (through
its third party processor) to debit these amounts (excluding the
Refund Processing Service fee) from the bank account you identify as
your Direct Deposit Bank Account in the event that you do not receive
a tax refund that is sufficient to pay for them.
6. User ID and Password Security
You are the only person authorized to use your user ID and password and for maintaining the confidentiality of your user ID and password. You shall not permit or allow other persons to have access to or use your user ID and password. You are responsible for the use of the Services under your user ID. If you have not electronically filed or printed your tax return, you must create a user ID and password in order for you to access your tax return data at a later date. You must remember your user ID and password to electronically transfer your tax return information into next year's tax return. If you do not complete your return prior to October 15 your tax return information will be deleted from our system.
Privacy of Personal and Tax Return Information
At Intuit we place the highest importance on respecting and protecting the privacy of our customers. Our most important asset is our relationship with you. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our products and services and with entrusting your personal and tax return information to us. Our full TurboTax Privacy Statement can be found by visiting http://security.intuit.com/privacy. To contact us with a question, visit https://privacy.intuit.com/cpi/do/comments. Or write to us at: Privacy Team, Intuit Consumer Group Inc., 2800 East Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706.
You are responsible for protecting the information on your computer such as by installing anti-virus software, updating your software, password protecting your files, and not permitting third party physical or electronic access to your computer or tax files.
You also agree that your acceptance of a Third Party Refund Processing Service Agreement will authorize the sharing of the bank account information you provide to the provider and your authorization to debit your bank account for fees, charges, and any applicable taxes owed to Intuit if your tax refund is not sufficient in amount to pay for those fees, charges, and taxes (if any).
LIMITATION OF LIABILITY AND DAMAGES.
YOU UNDERSTAND THAT INTUIT WILL NOT AUDIT OR OTHERWISE VERIFY ANY INFORMATION YOU PROVIDE, AND IS NOT RESPONSIBLE FOR DISALLOWED DEDUCTIONS, OR THE INCLUSION OF ADDITIONAL UNREPORTED INCOME OR RESULTING TAXES, PENALTIES OR INTEREST.
EXCEPT FOR THE REIMBURSEMENT FOR CALCULATION ERRORS DESCRIBED IN SECTION 4 OF THESE SUPPLEMENTAL TERMS, THE ENTIRE CUMULATIVE LIABILITY OF INTUIT AND ITS SUPPLIERS FOR ANY REASON ARISING FROM OR RELATING TO THIS AGREEMENT SHALL BE LIMITED AS SET FORTH IN SECTION 9 OF THE GENERAL TERMS.
INTUIT SHALL NOT BE LIABLE FOR LOSS OF PROFITS OR INVESTMENT, TAX POSITIONS TAKEN BY YOU, INABILITY TO FILE YOUR RETURN, DELAY IN PREPARING YOUR TAX RETURN, INCORRECT OR INCOMPLETE INFORMATION PROVIDED TO INTUIT, ANY ACCESS TO, OR USE OF, YOUR PASSWORD AND USER ID BY AN UNAUTHORIZED PERSON.
Intuit shall not be liable for any default or delay in the performance of its obligations under this Agreement to the extent its performance is delayed or prevented due to causes beyond its reasonable control, such as acts of God, natural disasters, terrorist acts, war or other hostilities, labor disputes, civil disturbances, the actions or omissions of third parties, electrical or communication system failures, or governmental action.
THE FINANCIAL INSTITUTIONS THROUGH WHICH YOU ACCESS TURBOTAX FOR ONLINE BANKING SHALL NOT HAVE LIABILITY RESULTING FROM YOUR USE OF THE SERVICES.
You agree that Intuit is not acting as your agent or fiduciary in connection with your use of the Software or any Services.
You can contact Intuit Inc. by mail at Consumer Tax Group, Intuit Inc., 2800 E Commerce Center Place, Tucson, AZ 85706 or by calling 888-777-3066 if you have a question or concern about any product or service we sell over the Internet. The address and telephone number of the Complaint Assistance Unit of the Division of Consumer Services of the California Department of Consumer Affairs is: 400 R Street, Suite 1080, Sacramento, CA 95814-6200, 800-952-5210.