Intuit Consumer Group Inc. ("Intuit") Privacy Statement Highlights
At Intuit, we value our relationship with you and place the highest importance on respecting and protecting your privacy. We want you to feel comfortable and confident when using our products and services and with entrusting your personal, company and financial information to us.
We offer both online and desktop software products and services. Many of our desktop services are Web-enabled, using the Internet to provide additional features. This privacy statement first discusses general privacy practices at Intuit. Following those general privacy practices, any information specific to a particular offer is discussed.
Protecting your Information:
We work to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, or unauthorized alteration by using industry-recognized security safeguards, coupled with carefully developed security procedures and practices. We maintain physical, electronic and procedural safeguards that comply with applicable laws and federal standards. We use both internal and external resources to review our security procedures. Your sensitive information, such as credit card information, is encrypted when it is transmitted to us. Our employees are trained and required to safeguard your information. More details on protecting your information can be found at http://security.intuit.com.
Information We Collect:
- We collect personal information such as your name, shipping/billing address, e-mail, phone, and credit card number when you interact with us to purchase or use our products.
- We collect personal information to deliver or allow access to our products and services.
- As part of tax preparation services provided to you, we may collect and store personal information to prepare, assist in preparing, or to obtain or provide services in connection with the preparation of your tax return.
- As part of personal financial services provided to you, we may collect and store sensitive information such as account and purchase information on your behalf.
- We collect information about your system as it interacts with us such as your IP address and browser information.
- We use common internet technologies, such as cookies and Web beacons to manage our Web sites and services, advertising and e-mail programs.
- We collect user feedback, community discussions, chats and other interactions, such as surveys, at our sites.
- We may obtain additional information about you, such as demographic information, from commercially available sources.
More details on the information we collect can be found here.
- We do not sell or rent your personal information to anyone for promotional or marketing purposes.
- We do not share your personal information with anyone outside of Intuit or its affiliates for their promotional or marketing use without your consent.
- We use your personal or financial information to provide you with information and services you request, to give you a customized interactive experience as you use our products, and to tell you about other products and services.
- We summarize information about you and we also combine that information with that of others in a way that does not identify you personally to understand how our products are used, to deliver products and services and to help us develop new products and services.
- We may use service companies to help provide you products and services who are not allowed to use your information for their own purposes.
Instructions to change your account or contact information or tell us your contact preferences are available here.
How to Contact Us:
Contact us with your question at https://privacy.intuit.com/cpi/do/comments.
- Or write to us at:
Intuit Consumer Group Inc.
2800 East Commerce Center Place
Tucson, AZ 85706
Effective Date: January 15, 2011: Changes made to remove products and services no longer offered and to add information about Intuit Web Payment; no change in information practices.
This Web site is privacy certified by TRUSTe Privacy Seal
Intuit is a licensee of the TRUSTe Privacy Program. TRUSTe is an independent organization whose mission is to enable individuals and organizations to establish trusting relationships based on respect for personal identity and information by promoting the use of fair information practices. To demonstrate our commitment to your privacy, we have had our practices reviewed by TRUSTe. TRUSTe reviews designated Intuit Web sites and evaluates our privacy practices. The TRUSTe program covers only information that is collected through this Web site and does not cover information that may be collected through software downloaded from the site. If you contact us for a privacy-related issue and we do not respond or if your inquiry has not been satisfactorily addressed, please contact TRUSTe. TRUSTe will serve as a liaison with Intuit to resolve your concerns.