Federal 2010: Residential Energy Credit for two homes
Certain customers, who filed Married Filing Joint and owned and lived apart in separate main homes and had residential energy property expenses on both homes, may have an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you are impacted:
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 federal return prior to April 7, 2011 AND
- You filed Married Filing Joint AND
- You and your spouse owned and lived apart in separate homes AND
- You incurred residential energy property expenses in both homes AND
- You received a Residential Energy Credit on Form 1040, Line 52.
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your federal tax. You will need to amend your federal tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Federal: Residential Energy Credit.