Wisconsin 2010: Pension Conversion to Roth/Annuity Contract Exchanges
Certain customers, who converted a qualified pension to a Roth IRA and/or converted an annuity contract to a long-term care insurance contract, might have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you are impacted
You are affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 Wisconsin return prior to February 26, 2011 AND
- You converted a qualified pension to a Roth IRA and on your federal return you elected to pay the tax on the conversion entirely in 2010 AND/OR
- You converted an annuity contract to a long-term care insurance contract
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You will need to amend your Wisconsin state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Wisconsin 2010: Pension Conversion to Roth/Annuity Contract Exchanges.
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- Note: After we receive your completed authorization form, please allow up to 15 days to amend your return.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to the Wisconsin Department of Revenue.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.