Where Do I Enter State Taxes on Form W-2?
Article ID: GEN12229
If you are entering your Form W-2 information manually, follow these steps to enter your state tax information:
- (If you're already on the Enter W-2 screen, skip to Step 6.) Select the Federal Taxes tab at the top of your screen (Personal in the Home & Business version), then select Personal Income.
- Click Select Specific Topics.
- Expand the View List topic to the right of W-2 Income.
- Click the Start or Revisit button.
- In the Your W-2 Summary screen, select either Add Another W-2 or Edit.
- Scroll down to State and Local Wage Information.
- Enter your state information and income in Boxes 15-17 and city/local information, if any, in Boxes 18-20.
The information you enter here will transfer to the state program.