Certain customers, who are considered a surviving spouse on their West Virginia return, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you are impacted:
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 West Virginia return prior to April 7, 2011 AND
- You were considered a surviving spouse on your West Virginia state return
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your state tax. You will need to amend your state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about West Virginia 2010: Surviving Spouse
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- Note: After we receive your completed authorization form, please allow up to 15 days to amend your return.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the West Virginia Department of Revenue.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to the West Virginia Department of Revenue.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.