Virginia 2010: Long-Term Health Care Premiums Deduction
The TurboTax product may not have correctly calculated the long term care health care premiums deduction for certain customers who did not enter the amount of their long term health care premiums in the federal interview.
The issue has been fixed.
How to tell if you are impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed an Virginia return prior to February 23, 2011 AND
- You paid long- term health care insurance premiums in 2010 AND
- You did not enter the premiums in the federal section of TurboTax AND
- You did enter the premium amounts in the Virginia section of TurboTax AND
- The long-term care policy’s purchase date was prior to January 1, 2010 AND
- Your Virginia return’s Schedule CR, page 4, Part 18 (Credit for Purchase of Long-Term Care Insurance), line 18 is zero.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Virginia tax. You will need to amend your Virginia tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Virginia: Long-term care deduction.