Vermont 2011: Use Tax
Vermont taxpayers may be subject to a use tax for certain purchases not previously taxed by the state of Vermont. Taxpayers may use various methods to compute their Use tax.
Certain customers, who used the adjusted gross income method to compute their Use tax, may have filed an incorrect Vermont tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Vermont tax return before April 3, 2012 AND
- You checked the box to use your AGI (Adjusted Gross Income) to calculate your Vermont Use Tax on line 2 of your Vermont Use Tax Worksheet AND
- You had no amount on your Vermont Form IN-111, Line 27
If you are affected, you may have underpaid your Vermont tax. You may need to amend your Vermont tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Vermont 2011: Use Tax.