When attempting to import from ItsDeductible Online, you may receive the following message:
Invalid username or password
Steps to Try
If you receive the error above, try these options first:
- Ensure you can go to the ItsDeductible Online website and login to your account.
- Check to see if you have Caps Lock or Num Lock on. If so, turn them off and try logging in through TurboTax again.
- If you use a password manager program like Password Safe or KeyWallet, or you allow your browser to store website log in information, ensure your password is up to date.
In your ItsDeductible Online account, you can create a Summary report of all donations made by charity and use that to enter your donated information into TurboTax. To do this, follow these steps:
- Login to your ItsDeductible Online account and click on the 2012 Donations tab.
- Under the donation type summary window, there is a section titled Summaries with a link to View Summaries.
- This will open a new window with a list of donation types and an option to view the HTML or PDF report.
- Choose one of those options to view the report.
- In TurboTax, you can use the ItsDeductible Item Look-up tool to add your item donations. You will also be able to enter Money, Stock and Mileage in this section.
If you have a lot of donations to track or do not want to use Solution #1, there is another way to add your donations from ItsDeductible Online.
This requires a few more steps but limits the need to manually enter the donations. This will involve using TurboTax Online to bypass the error.
The following steps will walk you through accessing TurboTax Online with your ItsDeductible login credentials, transferring your 2011 return, importing your donation information, downloading the tax file and opening it in your TurboTax desktop product. You will not have to pay for anything.
- Click here to be taken to a TurboTax Online sign-in screen. Login using your ItsDeductible Online account credentials.
- The following screen will ask what product you want to use. Choose any one of them with the exception of the Free Edition.
- On the very first screen saying "TurboTax Guides you like a GPS", locate the link below this message titled Transfer last year's TurboTax return from your desktop.
- On the following screen click on the Browse button and locate the 2011 tax return you want to transfer. Once selected, click on Transfer Return.
- Once the transfer is complete, you can jump to the Deductions and Credits section and import your donations from ItsDeductible. The process is the same as it is in the desktop product.
- After the information has been successfully imported, click on the Home tab. Here, locate the Save your 2012 return to your computer link. Note: The file downloaded will have a default name of taxReturn.tax2012.
- Once downloaded, open TurboTax and access the newly downloaded tax file.