Uninstall TurboTax (Windows)
Article ID: GEN12957
To uninstall TurboTax, make sure you have administrative rights to your computer.
Steps may vary slightly, depending on how your particular Windows operating system preferences are set up.
- Close TurboTax.
- Select Start on the Windows taskbar, and then select Control Panel.
- Click Uninstall a program (Windows 7) – Programs and Features (Vista) – or Add or Remove Programs (XP).
- Scroll down to the version of TurboTax you want to uninstall (look for TurboTax 20YY where YY represents the 2-digit tax year) and then:
- Windows 7 or Vista: Right-click TurboTax 20YY and select Uninstall/Change.
- Windows XP: Select it and click the Change/Remove button.
- On the Repair/Uninstall TurboTax screen, click the Uninstall TurboTax button.