Uninstall TurboTax (Mac)
Article ID: GEN12123
To uninstall (remove) TurboTax from your computer, make sure you first have administrative rights. Then, follow these instructions:
- Drag the TurboTax version 20XX folder (where version is Basic, Deluxe, etc. and XX represents the 2-digit tax year) to the Trash. (The default location for this folder is inside the Applications folder.)
- Switch to the Finder (Hold the Command key and press the Tab key until Finder is selected). Then, hold the Option key and click on the Go menu. Click Library to open the Library folder.
- Alternate method: Open up the Terminal app in your Utilities Folder (located within the Applications folder) and type "chflags nohidden ~/Library". Hit enter and the Library folder will now be visible within the Users folder on your hard drive.
- If you're using Mac OS X 10.7 (Lion) or earlier, Library is visible by default in the Users folder.
- In the Library folder, open the Preferences folder and drag the com.intuit.TurboTax.20XX.plist file to the Trash.
- Close all folders, and then empty the Trash.