Why does TurboTax ask for Schedule F?
Article ID: GEN12657
Some TurboTax customers, when they enter the amount of their state tax refund, are asked if the source of the tax refund is from a business or a farm.
If this happens to you, here are the steps to take:
- Go into Forms Mode.
- Select Form 1099-G, then right-click anywhere on the form.
- Select About Form 1099-G. (See "Special Note: Do not use this worksheet to report state and local tax refunds. See Federal Carryover Worksheet.")
- Delete Form 1099-G from the My Forms list.
- Be sure that your state and local tax refunds are listed on the Federal Carryover Worksheet.
- The requirement to link with either business (Schedule C) or farm (Schedule F) disappears.