View Free Disk Space (Windows)
Article ID: GEN12206
Follow the steps below to view free disk space on your Windows system.
Windows 7 and Vista
- Click on the Start button logo in the lower-left corner and then choose Computer. Your hard drive (usually Local Disk C:) will display free space in a bar below the name.
- For more information, right-click the hard disk you want to check and choose Properties.
- On the Windows taskbar, right-click Start, and then click My Computer.
- Right-click the drive letter that corresponds to your hard disk (usually C), and then click Properties.
- In the Properties window, view the General tab to see amount of free space on your hard disk.
Tip: To removed unnecessary files on your hard disk, click Disk Cleanup in the Properties window.