Manually Update TurboTax 2009 (Mac)
Article ID: GEN12736
Release 15c - August 30, 2010
If you're having trouble updating your TurboTax 2009 for Mac software using the "Check for Updates" method, you can get your federal program update here.
Important! TurboTax for Mac is a software program. It must be installed on your computer's hard disk. If you run the program directly off the CD (as you would a music CD) you will not be able to update it.
- Close TurboTax and all other programs except this browser window.
- Click here to download the update (53.1 MB).
- After the file finishes downloading, go to your Desktop and double-click the file TT09_update.app.dmg.
- In the new window, double-click the "checkbox with arrow" icon TT09_update.app to unpack and install the updates.
- Follow the on-screen instructions to install the update.
- When finished, verify that your TurboTax program is up-to-date:
- At the top of the TurboTax window, select TurboTax, and then select About TurboTax.
- Click the More Info button.
- Compare the Version number of the first five Components with the information in the table below.
Note: We do not offer manual updates for the TurboTax State program. If you need to update your state program, click here for options.