How Do I Delete a Stock Sale from My Tax Return?
Article ID: SLN60262
Sometimes when e-filing you realize that you have made a mistake in entering a particular stock sale. You now want to delete it.
To delete a stock sale, do the following:
- Under Federal Taxes, select Wages & Income.
- Select the "Explore On my Own" link.
- From the "Income Investment" section, select Update for "Stocks, Mutual Funds, Bonds, Other."
- Select Continue on the following two screens, then select No to upgrade to view the list of transactions that you've entered or that were imported into TuboTax from your broker's 1099-B.
- You can now delete any of these transactions.