Error 500: Internal server error
Article ID: SLN12375
When making an Internet request, an Intuit Update Server returned an error.
- You use a dialup accelerator to make Web browsing faster over a dial-up Internet connection. (See common accelerators below.) Some accelerators are known to cause errors when checking for TurboTax updates.
- Your computer's personal firewall may be blocking communication to the Internet.
- The Intuit Update Server may be experiencing heavy load or a system error.
- The server may have received an incomplete or incorrect request.
To work around this issue, you can download a manual update instead.
If the problem reappears in the future when updating, follow these steps:
- Be sure your Internet connection is working properly.
- Retry updating by using Check for Updates on the Online menu in TurboTax.
- If updating fails, wait and try again later.