Error 400: Bad request
Article ID: SLN12370
An error occurred while attempting to communicate with an Intuit Update Server.
- The server may have received an incomplete or incorrect request.
- The Intuit Update Server may be experiencing a system error or heavy load.
- A personal firewall, router or proxy is interfering with communication between your computer and the Intuit Update Server.
To work around this issue, you can download a manual update instead.
If the problem reappears in the future when updating, follow these steps:
- Be sure your Internet connection is working properly.
- Retry updating by using Check for Updates on the Online menu in TurboTax.
- If updating fails, wait and try again later.
- If you have a home router, you may need to update your router's firmware. Go to the router's Web site to check if there's a firmware update. Download and install the update as instructed on the Web site.