Error 28152: Can't locate Internet settings
Error 28152 occurs when TurboTax is unable to retrieve information from your system registry about the ability to run Active Scripting and ActiveX in the local intranet zone.
To resolve this error, run a script to modify your system registry settings:
- Download the localedit.zip file.
- Unzip it to extract the localedit.reg file.
- Run (or Open) the localedit.reg file.
- Select Yes when prompted to add the information to the registry.
- From the Start menu, select Control Panel (or select Settings, and then select Control Panel).
- Double-click Internet Options.
- On the Security tab, select the My Computer zone then select Custom Level.
- From the Reset to list, select Low then select Reset.
- Select OK twice, and then close Internet Explorer.
Once the problem is resolved, you can change your settings back to High by repeating Steps 5 through 9.