Error 1075: "The Information you provided..." When Checking E-Filing Status
This message occurs when checking the status of an e-filed return. Here's the complete message:
Error 1075: The information you provided to the IRS indicates you are not eligible to claim the health coverage tax credit (Form 8885). Eligibility is determined through either the Department of Labor (DOL) or the Pension Benefit Guarantee Corporation (PBGC). Only these organizations can determine filer's potential eligibility. To determine eligibility, trade adjustment assistance (TAA) and alternative trade adjustment assistance (ATAA)recipients may call the DOL at, 1-877-US-2JOBS. PBGC recipients should call 1-800-400-7242.
How to resolve this error
- Verify your entries for the health coverage tax credit (Form 8885) and ensure they are correct.
- If they are correct, ensure you meet all of the following requirements for the Health Coverage Tax Credit:
- You were an eligible trade adjustment assistance (TAA) recipient, alternative TAA recipient, or Pension Benefit Guaranty Corporation (PBGC) pension recipient.
- You were covered by a qualified health insurance plan and paid the premiums for the plan.
- You were not entitled to Medicare Part A or enrolled in Medicare Part B.
- You were not enrolled in Medicaid or State Children's Health Insurance Program (SCHIP).
- You were not enrolled in the Federal Employees Health Benefits Program or eligible to receive benefits under the U.S. military health system (TRICARE).
- You were not imprisoned under federal, state, or local authority.
- You were not covered by, or eligible for coverage under any employer-sponsored health plan.
- Once you have verified that your entries are correct, resubmit your return.
If you continue receiving this e-file rejection message and you do qualify for the credit, you will need to print your return and mail it to the IRS.
Note: The Record ID field is part of the error message; it does not require any action on your part.