SnapTax is designed for 1040EZ filers. If you started your return in SnapTax, but for some reason SnapTax isn't right for your tax situation, you'll see this screen:
If you wish to complete your SnapTax return in TurboTax Online, simply select the option Transfer My Info to the Web. This process is detailed in the next section.
Important: You will not be able to transfer your SnapTax info to an existing TurboTax Online account if you're using the same User ID for both SnapTax and TurboTax Online. In this case, just start a new return in TurboTax Online.
Transferring Your Info
If you’re working on your taxes in SnapTax and decide you want to go to the web instead, you can transfer your information to TurboTax Online at any time:
- On the SnapTax home screen, tap the tools icon in the upper right (image of a wrench).
- On the tools screen, tap Transfer My Info to the Web.
- If you haven’t yet created an account, SnapTax will ask you to do that here.
- On the slide-up window, tap Transfer My Info. We'll send your info to TurboTax Online where we'll help you finish your tax return. Check your email for instructions on how to continue.
- Enter your email and tap OK.
- We'll email you instructions on how to complete your tax return online and provide you with a special link. Click that link to go to the special sign in page for SnapTax customers.
- Sign in using the SnapTax account you created.
- Continue doing your taxes in your choice of TurboTax Basic Edition, Deluxe, Premier or Home & Business.