Where do I enter information or a particular form in TurboTax?
Article ID: GEN12081
Not sure about how and where to enter your information in TurboTax? For starters, you can:
- Search by topic and/or search for a specific form if you want to be taken to the exact place in TurboTax;
- Let TurboTax enter certain information for you, either by transferring last year's tax file or by importing information from financial software or financial institutions.
- Check out TurboTax Community for help from other TurboTax users, tax experts, and TurboTax employees. Chances are someone has a solution or can point you in the right direction.
- For really tricky situations, use our Free Tax Advice service to find out where to enter your information.
Below are links to articles with more specific information about where to enter information into TurboTax.
- Form W-2
- Interest Income (Form 1099-INT)
- Miscellaneous Income (Form 1099-MISC)
- Contest winnings, prizes, and awards
- Payments to subcontractors or non-employees
- Government Payments (Form 1099-G)
- Unemployment compensation
- State and local tax refunds