Finding Forms or Topics in TurboTax
Looking for a specific topic in TurboTax? Or perhaps you received a tax form and don't know where to enter the information.
Either way, TurboTax can quickly take you to the right place in the Interview.
- After signing in to TurboTax Online, select Tools at the top.
- In the Tools Center, click Topic Search and enter your search term.
- Once you find what you're looking for, click Go and TurboTax Online will take you to the correct area in the interview.
You can also browse to a specific area in the program by choosing Topic List in the Tools Center menu. Select your topic, and TurboTax Online will take you right to it.
TurboTax CD/Download Software
You need to be in the default Step-by-Step (Interview) mode to follow these directions.
- Enter a search term or form number in the Find field, located in the upper right corner.
- A drop-down list will appear. Select the term you want from the list and TurboTax will take you to the correct place in the interview.
To browse through topics, click the Show Topic List button to the right of the Find field.
- Click Search Topics near the top center of your screen.
- Enter a search term or form number in the field and click OK.
To browse through topics, click Topic List just to the left of Search Topics.