Finding the Refund Processing Service option in TurboTax Online
Refund Processing lets you pay for your TurboTax fees by deducting them, along with an additional $29.99 processing fee, from your federal tax refund.
This is a handy option if you don't have a debit or credit card to pay your TurboTax fees. Click here to read more about the Refund Processing Service.
To find this option in TurboTax, you must e-file your return and have a federal tax refund coming. Refund processing fees cannot be deducted from state tax refunds.
Here's how to get to the Refund Processing screens:
- Sign in to TurboTax Online.
- Click the File tab on the left and continue to the We're ready to file your taxes screen.
- Click the Start Here button and on the next screen click on the Select Payment Method button.
- On the How do you want to pay for TurboTax? screen, click the Pay with your federal refund button.
- On the next screen, carefully read the information presented, enter your name and date, and then click the I Agree button.
- Continue following the onscreen instructions to completion.
Changed your mind? If you no longer wish to use the Refund Processing Service, you can remove this option before you file your return.
Simply follow Steps 1-3 above until you reach the screen titled You're Almost Ready To File, which lists your TurboTax fees, along with the $29.99 Refund Processing Service Fee.
At the bottom of that screen, click the Continue button. On the next screen, Confirm Your Payment Decision, scroll down and answer No.
You'll return to the How Do You Want to Pay for TurboTax? screen, where you can enter your credit or debit card information to pay the fees.