Illinois Rejection Error "Schedule CR, Wages (line 1A) minus Non-IL Wages (line 1B)..."
Rejection Error 0651 for Illinois returns reads as follows:
Schedule CR, Wages (line 1A) minus Non-IL Wages (line 1B) must not be less than the sum of Form W-2, State Wages (box 16) when State (box 15) EQUALS "IL" and Schedule CR, Iowa Box, Kentucky Box, Michigan Box, and Wisconsin Box (line 50) are blank.
This e-file rejection error occurs when there are incorrect state income allocations entered on the W-2 in TurboTax.
First, double-check to make sure you didn't accidentally enter the wrong numbers on the W-2:
- Open your return in TurboTax.
- Click the Federal Taxes tab (or Personal tab in Home & Business), and proceed to the Income Summary screen.
- Click Update next to the first topic, Wages and Salaries.
- Click Edit to open your W-2, then scroll down to Boxes 15 through 17.
- Verify that the information exactly matches the corresponding W-2 form. If it doesn't, correct the information, click Continue, and then e-file your return again.
If your entries in TurboTax match what's on your W-2 form, then the information on your W-2 form is incorrect. You can either:
- Ask your payroll department to re-issue a corrected W-2 form; or
- Print and mail your Illinois return instead of e-filing it.