TurboTax Premier 2011 for Mac Customers encounter Entrust certificate rejection
Article ID: SLN54456
TurboTax for Mac 2011 software customers using Safari on Mac OS X v10.4 or v10.5 may receive Entrust certificate errors when entering stock transactions.
- Save your tax return.
- Close TurboTax and Safari, if they are open.
- Right-click (or hold down the Control [Ctrl] key and click) https://www.entrust.net/downloads/binary/entrust_2048_ca.cer and choose "Save Linked File" (Safari) or "Save Link As" (Firefox) to save the entrust_2048_ca.cer security certificate to your desktop.
- Say No to messages asking to append .txt to the end of the file.
- If .txt is appended automatically, change the file name back to entrust_2048_ca.cer
- Double-click the entrust_2048_ca.cer file on your desktop to open the Keychain Import Wizard.
- X509Anchors keychain for Mac OS X 10.4, or
- System keychain from the drop-down list for Mac OS X 10.5
- Click OK.
- Enter an administrator's username and password, if prompted.
- Select Always Trust when asked to trust certificates signed by Entrust.net Certificate Authority (2048).
- Restart TurboTax and try again.