Resolved:1099-R Calculating Incorrectly When Receiving Payments And Using Box 2a As Taxable Amount
When entering a 1099-R in which the amounts in Box 1 and Box 2a are different,
There was an issue in which the program would incorrectly change the amount entered for box 2a to match the amount in box 1.
This happened when payments were received in 2011 or a prior year, and the amount in box 2a was used as the taxable amount.
Who Was Affected?
If you met all of the following you may have been affected by this issue.
- Box 1 and 2a are different amounts
- The IRA/Sep/Simple box is not checked
- Withdrew money from a Qualified Plan
- Did not roll the money over (Used the money for another purpose)
- Received regular payments
- Started getting the payments in 2011 or a prior year
- The amount in box 2a was used as the taxable amount