Federal 2010: Qualified Pension Conversion and Rollover
Certain customers, who received a Pension Distribution that was partially converted to a Roth and partially rolled over to another account, may have an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a tax return before March 10, 2011, AND
- You received a Pension Distribution AND
- You converted a portion to a Roth AND
- You rolled over a portion to another account, AND
- You had an amount in Form 1040, Line 16b
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your federal tax. You will need to amend your federal tax return and may need to amend your state tax return.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Federal 2010: Qualified Pension Conversion and Rollover.
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the IRS.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions:
After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of:
- Your federal return to the IRS and
- Your state return to your state tax authority, if your state return is affected
Your printed returns will include instructions on how and where to mail them.
If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the TurboTax email.