What is TurboTax Freedom Edition?
TurboTax is proud to offer Freedom Edition to hard-working Americans and their families who meet the 2012 IRS eligibility requirements.
To qualify for a free 2012 federal tax return in Freedom Edition, you must meet one of the following requirements:
- A 2012 adjusted gross income (AGI) of $31,000 or less; or
- Qualify for the Earned Income Credit (EIC); or
- Served as active duty military (including Reservists and National Guard) with a military-issued W-2 and a 2012 AGI of $57,000 or less.
NEW! If you qualify for free federal filing with Freedom Edition, you can also file your state for free, no matter what state you live in.
Where do I find TurboTax Freedom Edition?
Freedom Edition is available online at www.taxfreedom.com. Please note that the Freedom Edition website is not affiliated with the TurboTax.com website.
Also – don't confuse Freedom Edition with TurboTax Federal Free Edition, which is found at the TurboTax.com website. These are two different products.
Can I switch to Freedom Edition from a different TurboTax Online version?
You can switch to Freedom Edition if you haven't paid and e-filed yet. However, you will need to clear your return and re-enter everything, since it's not possible to transfer your data from the TurboTax.com website.
To switch to TurboTax Freedom Edition:
- Sign out of your TurboTax Online account, delete your cookies, and wait at least 20 minutes.
- Go to www.taxfreedom.com and sign in as a Returning Customer with your existing User ID and password.
- Confirm your product choice by selecting Clear my information and start over using TurboTax Freedom Edition, and then click Continue.
- Select the I understand that I will have to re-enter my information checkbox, and then click Clear My Return.
Follow the on-screen instructions to prepare and file your return in TurboTax Freedom Edition.