Buyer's Guide - If you have to file returns in more than one state
This could be true for you if any of the following applied during the tax year:
- You moved from one state to another
- You lived in one state and worked in a neighboring state
- You owned your own business and made sales or provided services in several states
- You worked from an employer on assignment in multiple states
If so, we recommend that you purchase TurboTax Deluxe to prepare your federal taxes. This product focuses on maximizing your deductions, and since state income taxes are deductible on your federal income tax return, you'll want to be sure that all taxes you pay to every state are included as itemized deductions on your Schedule A.
TurboTax Deluxe particularly comes in handy when you've sold a house in one state and bought in another. You'll receive help with figuring out what your profit or loss was from the sale of your home and whether you even need to report the sale on your tax return this year. In addition, the expanded interview for home-related deductions helps you make sure you take the right mortgage interest, points, and property tax deductions for both the home you sold and the home you bought.
Choose TurboTax Deluxe for maximum tax deductions.
- Get more info about TurboTax Online > Deluxe
- Get more info about TurboTax CD/Download > Deluxe - Windows or Mac
- Check out our chart for comparing personal tax products.
- Read Buyer's Guide - Should I use TurboTax Online or Desktop?