How to Transfer a PDF from TurboTax for iPad to iBooks
Article ID: HOW13867
Using iBooks 1.2 or another PDF reader, you can:
- View a PDF copy of your tax return saved from TurboTax for iPad
- Email a PDF copy of your tax return saved from TurboTax for iPad (not recommended)
- iBooks has an email option, however this method is not recommended because it is not secure.
View a PDF copy of your tax return saved from TurboTax for iPad
- Download and install Apple iBooks from the App Store on your iPad (iBooks is a free application).
- Open your tax return in TurboTax for iPad.
- Tap on Print and File, then Save for your Records.
- Tap Preview or Print (If you haven’t paid for your return, you will be asked to pay through iTunes).
- After the PDF file opens, tap the arrow icon in the upper right corner then tap Open in iBooks.
- Your PDF return is transferred and opens in iBooks.
- If you'd like to transfer your PDF to your computer, go through these steps:
- Connect your iPad to your computer with a USB cable.
- On your computer, launch iTunes to sync your file.
- In iTunes, under Devices in the menu to the left, select your iPad.
- Click on the Books link then check Sync Books.
- Click Sync.
- After iTunes has completed the sync, click on the Books icon under Library on the left.
- Your PDF file will appear in the Books section.