How to Change Your Default Printer
TurboTax is configured to print to your default printer.
Follow these steps to change your default printer. Please note that once you have selected a new default printer, your computer will print all documents on the new default printer.
- Click the Start button, select Devices and Printers.
- Windows XP: Open Control Panel, and then double-click Printers and Faxes
- Find the icon for the printer you want to use in the display window. Make sure there is a check mark in the lower left or upper right corner of the icon.
- If there is no check mark, the printer is not the default printer. Right-click the printer icon and select Set as Default.
- You may now print your tax return using the new default printer.
Follow these steps:
- Connect the printer to your computer. Follow your printer's user guide or contact your printer manufacturer for details.
- Install any software required for your printer to operate, including the print driver.
- Print from TurboTax. Set options for what to print. (e.g., the tax return for filing, a specific form) and select Print.
- When the Print Dialog box displays, select the printer you want to use to print your return from the drop-down list in the upper right.