Garbled or "junk" characters when printing from PDF file
Article ID: SLN63101
Some customers have reported garbled text or "junk" characters when printing the PDF copy of their return created in Adobe Reader.
- If you closed the PDF window before printing was complete, this may cause undesirable output.
- Keep your PDF-viewing window open until your return has finished printing.
- While viewing your PDF, click the print button or select File > Print.
- When the Windows Print dialog appears, click the Advanced button.
- Now click the Print as image checkbox.
- Click OK then click OK again to print normally.
- Download and install an earlier version of Adobe Reader if you're having this problem printing from Adobe Reader X.
- Switch to Firefox if you're using Internet Explorer.