Why can't I deduct my TurboTax fees from my tax refund?
Article ID: GEN12631
There are several situations in which you cannot deduct your TurboTax fees from your tax refund, including:
- You're trying to deduct the fees from your state tax refund.
- You have a foreign address.
- The amount of your federal refund is less than what the fee amount would be.
- Form 8888 is present in your return.
- You have already e-filed your federal return, and want to deduct just your state fees.
- You might have inadvertently indicated that you didn't want to be offered an option to deduct your fees from your refund.