On the You're Almost Ready to File page, when you click Continue, you may see a message that says your payment did not go through.
If you click Continue, you will return to the You're Almost Ready to File page.
Note: About TurboTax for iPad fees... A tax preparation fee (in-app purchase) is required for each tax return (Federal or State) when you e-file or print in TurboTax for iPad. Prices start at just $29.99 per federal return and $36.99 per state return. State tax returns are optional. All tax returns include e-filing at no additional cost. Fees for tax preparation are determined at the time of e-file or print, and are subject to change without notice.
My in-app purchase is on, but I still get the same error message
This occurs when your In-App Purchases setting is restricted. If your settings do not allow In-App Purchases, you will be unable to pay for TurboTax. Your setting may be off by default.
To solve this issue:
- Tap Settings > General > Restrictions.
- Enter your Restrictions Passcode.1
- On the Disable Restrictions screen, scroll down to Allowed Content.
- Next to In-App Purchases, tap the toggle to change it to ON.
- You may need to restart the app
- Exit the settings app by hitting the home button
- Restart TurboTax:
- Press home twice to see all running apps on the bottom of the screen
- Press and hold the icon of the app you wish to quit, until the icon jiggles
- Press the red minus button for the icon you wish to quit
- Press the home button twice to return to the main window
Other reasons that may prevent you from completing an In-App purchase:
- You need to restart the app after enabling in-app purchasing for your change to take effect
- Your Internet connection is not working properly
Note:1 To protect your device from unauthorized purchases - and after paying for TurboTax - you may wish to change your settings. Just tap Enable Restrictions and enter a passcode. A passcode is required for future changes.
In-App Purchases are not restricted, but payments are not going through
This may be caused if you are trying to make the in-app payment with a different Apple ID than the one you used to download TurboTax. You will either need to sign in the original account you downloaded the app with, or sync your return to your computer and delete the app, redownload it with the account you wish to purchase it with, and then proceed.
Important: If you do not sync your tax return before you delete TurboTax 2011, you will lose all your tax return data. Please back up!
I can pay for my Federal return, but I can't pay for my State return
TurboTax for iPad lets you pay the tax preparation fee for your federal return, but when you try to pay the tax preparation fee for your state return, it may tell you to "Please contact iTunes support to complete this transaction."
Apple says this messaging is part of normal fraud protection measures. If you encounter this message, please contact Apple Care. They will be able to allow the purchase on your account: http://www.apple.com/support/itunes/contact.html