Error: Unable to Process Credit Card Payment
When attempting to pay for any TurboTax charges you may receive an error message that your payment hasn't been processed or your credit card isn't valid.
While we haven't been able to determine all causes of this issue, we do know that most credit card payments are processing correctly.
- Contact your credit card company to be sure the information you are entering is valid for online purchases.
- Make sure you aren't using any masking software from your bank to enter your credit card information.
If this doesn't fix the issue, try the workarounds below.
Workaround for Windows
- When you open TurboTax, make sure you accept all product updates before attempting to pay your fees again. For help, go to Update TurboTax.
- Make a note of your Admin account login information so you can log back in later.
- Activate the guest account:
- Copy and paste your tax file into the Shared Documents folder.
- Log off.
- Log in to the Guest user account.
- Open TurboTax.
- Locate and open your tax file.
- Submit your credit card payment again. Your credit card payment should now show as accepted.
Workaround for Microsoft Internet Explorer
- Open Internet Explorer.
- Click Tools > Internet Options > Security tab.
- From the bottom of the page, click Reset all zones to default level > OK.