Error: "Invalid Credit Card" or "We're having trouble processing your request" when attempting to e-file
The messages Not a valid credit card or We're having trouble processing your request may occur after entering a credit card to pay e-filing fees.
You may also see an "X" displayed where the credit card logo should appear, as seen below:
You can either call 1 (877) 559-8824 (press Option 1) to pay by phone, or try the troubleshooting steps below:
- Try a different credit or debit card.
- Close the error message window and try to complete your request again.
- Check your internet connection:
- Make sure your Internet connection is working actively and/or your cable is plugged in properly.
- If you are on a wireless connection, reconnect your computer directly via cable to your network.
- Check your browser: