What is TurboTax for iPad?
TurboTax for iPad is a TurboTax application that you can use to prepare and e-file your tax return with an iPad. TurboTax for iPad supports TurboTax Deluxe, Premier, and Home & Business. TurboTax for iPad will start your tax return in the Deluxe version — depending on your tax situation, you may be prompted to upgrade versions while preparing your return.
Please watch this video for more information.
How does TurboTax for iPad work?
TurboTax for iPad is a lot like other TurboTax versions with one big difference – it's designed and optimized specifically for mobile users of the iPad.
- You can prepare your tax return in either portrait or landscape orientation.
- You can work on your return whether you are online or off, but you'll need an Internet connection to download app updates and to e-file your finished tax return.
TurboTax for iPad System Requirements
TurboTax for iPad requires an Apple iPad running iOS 4.3 using iTunes 10.1.1 (in either Mac OS X or Windows).
How do I get started with TurboTax for iPad?
The TurboTax for iPad app is free to download and try out. When you are ready to e-file or print, you will be required to make an in-app purchase per return to pay for tax preparation.
Ready to download? Let's go...
- First, click here to download TurboTax for iPad from the App Store. You can also review the tax prep fees on the iTunes store page.
- When the iPad app launches, tap the icon to start a new tax return. You will be asked a few questions to decide if you need to transfer your prior year info.
- View a quick on-screen tutorial.
- TurboTax for iPad will guide you step-by-step through:
- Entering your personal and tax information
- Preparing both Federal and State tax returns
- Using a PIN to sign your tax return
- E-filing your tax return
- Checking your e-file status in the product