Frequently Asked Questions About TurboTax for Android Tablet
Is TurboTax for Android Tablet still available?
No. We have discontinued the tax year 2011 version and will not be offering it for tax year 2012.
However, you can use TurboTax SnapTax for Android to get your taxes done in 10 minutes. We'll do the math and you get your biggest refund, guaranteed!
Can I still file a 2012 return using my Android tablet?
- For TurboTax SnapTax, download the app from Google Play and get your taxes done in 10 minutes. We'll do the math and you get your biggest refund, guaranteed!
- For TurboTax Online, all you need is a Chromium browser, 512MB RAM, 1024x768 or higher screen resolution, and a high-speed internet connection.
What happens if I uninstall 2011 TurboTax for Android Tablet?
Uninstalling will delete your 2011 tax return, in addition to removing the program. This action cannot be undone.
Before uninstalling, we recommend e-mailing your 2011 return to yourself so you can open it in the 2011 TurboTax software.
- Open your return, and then tap the Options menu (located in the top-right bar of your return).
- Tap the Email Tax Return option.
- If your tax return is not already password-protected, you will be prompted to add one now. Your return must be password-protected before we can send it via e-mail.
- Your Android tablet e-mail program will open with your tax return attached (filename extension .tax2011). Enter your e-mail address and tap Send.
- To view your return, you'll need to purchase the 2011 tax software.