Pennsylvania: Correcting a 2010 Part-Year Return to Include 1099-R Distribution Income
For certain customers, the 2010 TurboTax Pennsylvania state product might have omitted a distribution of income from a pension or IRA account (on Form 1099-R form) that should have been included on the state tax return.
The issue was fixed on March 9, 2011.
Your return was impacted of ALL of the following are true:
- You filed a 2010 Pennsylvania Part-Year Resident or Non-Resident return before March 9, 2011, AND
- You entered income from a 1099-R for a distribution from a pension or IRA account, AND
- Box 11 of your 2010 1099-R has two states listed, AND
- The second state listed is PA for Pennsylvania, AND
- The distribution, or a portion of it, is taxable income for Pennsylvania.
If your return was affected, you may have underpaid your Pennsylvania tax.
You will need to amend your Pennsylvania tax return.
If you contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Pennsylvania Part-Year 1099-R Distribution Income.
You can choose to have us do it for you or you can amend it yourself.
Let us do the work for you. We highly recommend this.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 6 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign and mail the corrected return to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
Or you can make the corrections yourself. However, the amend process can be complex.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step state instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy to the Pennsylvania Department of Revenue.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.