Pennsylvania 2011: Schedule E Rental Ownership Allocation
Pennsylvania taxpayers must allocate rental income and expenses based on their rental property ownership percentage.
Certain customers, who own less than 100% of their rental property, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Pennsylvania tax return before February 25, 2012 AND
- You filed a federal Schedule E for your rental property AND
- In your TurboTax interview, you indicated you owned less than 100% of the rental property AND
- Your rental income amount on federal Schedule E, Line 4 was less than your amount on PA Schedule E, Line 1
If you are affected, your may have overpaid your Pennsylvania tax. You may need to amend your Pennsylvania tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Pennsylvania 2011: Rental Property.