Pennsylvania 2011: Home Office Business Expenses
Pennsylvania taxpayers may deduct certain unreimbursed business expenses incurred while working for the benefit of their employer.
Certain customers, who had unreimbursed home-office business expenses, may have filed an incorrect tax return.
TurboTax has fixed this issue.
How to tell if you may be impacted
You may be affected if ALL of the following are true:
- You filed your 2011 Pennsylvania tax return prior to March 8, 2012 AND
- Your federal tax return included rent as an employee business expense for your home office AND
- There was no amount on your PA Schedule UE (Allowable Employee Business Expenses), Page 2, Line h.
If you are affected, you may have overpaid your Pennsylvania state tax. You will need to amend your Pennsylvania state tax return.
You can make the corrections yourself.
- To do it yourself, please follow these step-by-step instructions.
- After you make the changes to your tax return, you will need to mail a copy of your amended state return.
- Your printed return will include instructions on how and where to mail it.
- If you need assistance, call us at the phone number in the email.
Or let us do the work for you.
- Please download and print this Authorization Form.
- Complete the form and fax it to us at the number printed at the top of the form.
- A TurboTax representative will contact you (within 15 days) when your corrected return is ready to be securely emailed back to you.
- You can print, sign, and mail the corrected return to the state taxing authority.
If you need to contact us, please use the phone number in the email from TurboTax and tell the representative you’re calling about the Pennsylvania 2011: Home Office Expenses.