CSA-1099-R - Box 5 Amount Doubling When Two Are Entered
When both spouses have a CSA-1099-R, but only one spouse has an amount entered in Box 5.
The amount entered in Box 5 of one CSA-1099-R is populating in as if entered in Box 5 of both CSA-1099-R's.
This is causing the amount entered in Box 5 to be doubled on Schedule A.
- Please return to the "Retirement Plans and Social Security" area of the interview
- Select "Update" for "IRA, 401(k), Pension Plan Withdrawals (1099-R)
- Select "Edit" for the CSA-1099-R that has no amount entered in Box 5
- On the "Enter Annuity Information" screen enter 0 in Box 5 and select "Continue"
- Continue to the "Enter Health Insurance Amount from Box 5" screen
- Remove the amount entered in the box for "Health Insurance Payment Amount"
- Finish the interview.